Search
Notices
Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Minnesota State Fair

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-17, 07:55 PM
Alligator

Bikes: Too many. I’m constantly selling and buying new bikes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
Minnesota State Fair

How many of you plan to ride to the Minnesota State Fair this year? Our family has been doing it for the past 10 years or so, and we really enjoy it. They have excellent secure bike fenced in areas which check-in/check-out slips, so no worries about theft.

Unfortunately, we come into the fair from the West side, and now that they built the new entrance by the University of Minnesota, they put the bike parking at the farthest end of the parking lot, giving priority to cars and busses. The bike parking used to be right next to the entrance, encouraging people to ride bikes. I've even tried contacting the fair organizers to ask them to consider moving it, but they do not seem very receptive. If you want, send them an e-mail and suggest moving the bike parking to a better spot (guestservices@mnstatefair.org) to encourage people not to drive.

If you haven't tried riding to the fair, I'd highly suggest it. If you live farther away, drive closer to the fair and then bike in. It's fun and the neighborhoods are great to ride through!
Old 08-14-17, 11:19 AM
kabt53

Bikes: Hardtail MTB, dropbar commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ride to UofM

Originally Posted by Alligator
... new entrance by the University of Minnesota, they put the bike parking at the farthest end of the parking lot, giving priority to cars and busses.
There's a lot of bike parking at the UofM (Minneapolis as well as St Paul Campuses) - if you are riding from far away you could ride the bike trails to one of the campus and then take one of the shuttle buses to the SF.