Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Early Miele road bike findings ('84)

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-19, 08:46 PM
Szinvak

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi!

I thought I'd post my findings on my Miele find after some research since it was hard to source info about this particular model, and to see if anyone had anything to add!

I don't know a lot about vintage bikes so I took a lot of pictures (linked here), too much pictures to include in the post. Serial number IS403682 seems to indicate that the bike was manufactured in September of 1984 (thanks to the stickied post).

Based on the decals, the only places where the same bike is pictured were this one and this one. The LTD Miele on mytenspeeds also has the same decals. This, and the 1984 from the ID, means this is probably one of the earlier Miele, not sure where this falls into the brand history (I know it was bought by Procycle at some point, I'm getting a bit lost in the timeline from reading multiple posts).

Mine seems pretty much identical to the white one in the second post, components wise (notable is different FD), which leads me to believe some parts are probably original, like RD and stem mounted shifters. Seat post is 25.8.

If anyone has any other info on this bike I'd be glad to know! Still trying to decide what I'll do with it.

EDIT : The bike also has top tube cable braze-ons and there are no eyelets on the bottom tubes!

Last edited by Szinvak; 05-13-19 at 10:08 PM.