Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Help matching paint - DB Haanjo Trail

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-18, 05:07 PM
medic75

Bikes: '19 Trek Stache 5, '17 DB Hannjo Trail, '09 Scott CR1 Pro, Schwinn Central commuter, '16 DB El Oso

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 29 Posts

I finally heard back from Diamondback about the nicks in my chain stay & seat stay. To make it simple, they apparently do not offer touch up paint and are offering a modest refund with the suggestion of trying to find an enamel or nail polish to match. They have no guidance or suggestion of manufacturers or colors that may match.

So, does anybody have any experience with matching the paint on a 2017 DB Haanjo Trail? I would prefer enamel paint, but the chance of finding a matching nail polish seems much more likely.
Old 08-15-18, 06:26 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,474 Times in 4,181 Posts
Maybe i am late to the party, but why would they offer a refund on a 2017 model?
is it used or new old stock and delivered with the chip?

If you like the bike, I would absolutely just fill in the tiny chipped paint and ride.
That's basically in the back/inside of the seatstays and you will never see it.

go to an auto store lile advance/oreilley and buy an automotive paint pen in red. There will be a few to choose from so get whatever is closest and dab it on. After that- outta sight outta mind.
Old 08-15-18, 06:30 PM
redlude97

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
Cover in mud and keep riding.
Old 08-15-18, 06:51 PM
medic75

Bikes: '19 Trek Stache 5, '17 DB Hannjo Trail, '09 Scott CR1 Pro, Schwinn Central commuter, '16 DB El Oso

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Maybe i am late to the party, but why would they offer a refund on a 2017 model?
is it used or new old stock and delivered with the chip?
Sorry, this bike is new old stock. I was delivered last Friday with this nick. So far I am really loving this bike and plan on keeping it for years to come. I will get war wounds over its life, but I would like to personally be responsible for each one.
Old 08-15-18, 06:55 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,474 Times in 4,181 Posts
Originally Posted by medic75
Sorry, this bike is new old stock. I was delivered last Friday with this nick. So far I am really loving this bike and plan on keeping it for years to come. I will get war wounds over its life, but I would like to personally be responsible for each one.
completely understand.
I built a frame and bike over the winter and there are 3 small chips on a fork blade that are small white dots in an otherwise beautiful candy orange.
they appeared before I had even ridden the bike and I have no idea how. It annoyed me because paint scratches, but I want it to be from use and not before the 1st ride.