Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Headless smart trainers

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Headless smart trainers

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-18, 05:43 PM
jitteringjr

Bikes: 2018 Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 2016 Bombtrack Arise Campy build cross bike 2005 Fuji Outland Pro

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Headless smart trainers

According to Cyclops’ YouTube video below, the M2 trainer can be ridden in a headless mode for when you want to get riding quick and it will give you a power curve like the fluid2.

This sounds good for the days when I am strapped on time and since I have a fluid 2 now, I know the feel. Gives me the option of having a smart trainer for when I do have time and a dumb trainer for when I don’t.

my question is do other wheel on smart trainers like the Tacx Bushido or the wahoo kicker snap have this headless functionality?
Old 12-01-18, 11:07 AM
Caliper

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 43 Posts
I'm not sure about being truly "headless", but my Kinetic Control smart trainer has a "free ride" option in the workouts on their native app that seems to be what you are describing. Connecting the trainer and my HR monitor to the app is no harder than connecting my HR and cadence sensor to Strava before a ride. This is my first trainer though, so can't truly compare to a fluid trainer, but it feels like riding a flat road.
Old 12-03-18, 02:16 AM
Teamprovicycle
Banned

Bikes: Specialized tarmac sl2 giant tcx zero

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I dont get it ? You shoukd be able to ride the trainer at any point , on or off . that trainer is more of an enhanced trainer , i woukdnt calk it a smart trainer unless it can adjust your resistances to mimic the road.