Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Has anyone bought/used the NutriBullet?

Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Old 03-06-13, 08:34 PM
eja_ bottecchia

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Liked 462 Times in 292 Posts

I have a good friend who is also a pretty hard core cyclist. He and his wife regularly ride some of the toughest rides around here. .

For the last couple of months he has been raving about the wonders of the NutriBullet.

Based upon his recommendations I am inclined to get one.

Has anyone here bought/used one? What do you think of it? Is it all that it is cracked up to be?

Here is their official website:

https://www.nutribullet.com/

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-06-13, 11:45 PM
gregf83 

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 177 Posts
Looks like a magic bullet. I've used it for smoothies and it works well.
Old 03-07-13, 12:43 AM
mr geeker
Day trip lover

Bikes: '16 Giant Escape 3 (fair weather ride), Giant Quasar (work in progress), 2002 saturn vue (crap weather ride)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have neither used or bought a magic bullet/nutri-bullet system, but I have thought about it. Almost bought one today when I was at waly world but didn't due to only having enough for what I went there to get (I don't believe in credit cards). Are they really all the commercials make them out to be?
Old 03-07-13, 03:41 AM
clemsongirl 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked 2,740 Times in 902 Posts
I bought a Blendtec a number of years ago, use it at least twice a day, and it will probably be working just as well in another 20 years. It's more in cost but you would be spending much more on replacement Chinese made Nutribullets in the same time frame. If you just want one to see if it’s useful for what you want and don’t expect it to last more than a year or two then get it. I haven’t heard very many good things about their customer service and a couple of friends who have bought them had leak and motor problems.

If you get it and find it to be useful and have integrated it into your daily routine then when you need to replace it think about a Vitamix or Blendtec
Old 03-07-13, 05:43 AM
beatlebee 

Bikes: i may have bike(s)

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vitamix for life
Old 03-07-13, 12:12 PM
JimF22003

Bikes: 2008 Trek Madone 5.5, 2009 Cervelo R3SL tdf edition, Cervelo R5 with Di2

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I use the Magic Bullet to make protein shakes. I have one at work and one at home. I like that it can chop up ice cubes to add a little bulk to the shake. Super easy to clean up.
Old 03-08-13, 03:35 AM
late

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 12172 Post(s)
Liked 1,481 Times in 1,094 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/Oster-4093-008...ywords=blender
Old 03-15-13, 09:57 PM
four de trance
Capt Hook

Bikes: Described above...

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't know mcuh about it, seems like it would be good for "on the go" traveling, hotel room type situations. I do know about serious blenders and I go for the real hardcore stuff! We bought a Blendtec (the competitor of the Vitamix) and we LOVE IT! The blade spins at a max speed of 300mph and it has a 3 horse power motor. It's all over YouTube blending **** like iPhone, iPads, etc. into powders! If you want some real power, get a Blendtec or Vitamix. You juice without losing all of the fiber, it obliterates foods. Nice for soups since the friction and speed of the blade with actually heats the food the up. It does everything, check it out on youtube if interested.
Old 03-15-13, 11:21 PM
eja_ bottecchia

Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Liked 462 Times in 292 Posts
Originally Posted by four de trance
Don't know mcuh about it, seems like it would be good for "on the go" traveling, hotel room type situations. I do know about serious blenders and I go for the real hardcore stuff! We bought a Blendtec (the competitor of the Vitamix) and we LOVE IT! The blade spins at a max speed of 300mph and it has a 3 horse power motor. It's all over YouTube blending **** like iPhone, iPads, etc. into powders! If you want some real power, get a Blendtec or Vitamix. You juice without losing all of the fiber, it obliterates foods. Nice for soups since the friction and speed of the blade with actually heats the food the up. It does everything, check it out on youtube if interested.
Thanks for the info.
Old 03-17-13, 07:03 PM
dennismont

Bikes: Giant Escape 3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had a Magic Bullet for 5 or 6 years. The whole family uses it to make fruit smoothies. It's more convenient than a blender and much easier to clean up.
Old 03-17-13, 07:40 PM
prathmann

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by clemsongirl
I haven’t heard very many good things about their customer service and a couple of friends who have bought them had leak and motor problems.
Agreed. The reviews seem to include lots of people who got it recently and like it and also quite a few who have had it break and are frustrated by poor customer service in getting it fixed/repaired or a refund. Consumer Reports also rated it very low - even when compared to products at the same or lower price. They gave it their worst rating (poor) for making both smoothies and ice crushes.
Old 03-17-13, 07:48 PM
four de trance
Capt Hook

Bikes: Described above...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Magic/Nutri bullet is a lot easier on the wallet because you're paying for a cheap machine and due to the small size, it is might be slightly easier to clean up.

If you are looking for something that actually juices without taking out all of the fiber and a whole lot more, a Blentec or Vitamix is the key.

The Magic Bullet is max 600 watts and the Blendtec is 1,560 watts, has a 3 horse power motor and the blade spins at 300mph! We briefly looked at the Magic bullet, but if you are serious about making soups, dips, flours out of rice/ flax/ any grain, smoothies, juices and just about anything else, get a Vitamix or Blendtec. The Magic Bullet seems like a toy compared to these other real blenders. The friction from the Blendtec the blade will actually heat the food up without cooking it, so it's still considered raw if you choose to make a raw soup in minutes. I'll never look at another blender again.

Last edited by four de trance; 03-17-13 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-17-13, 10:32 PM
koffee brown

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
I have the magic bullet. Anything that blends and does the job works in my book. I use one every day.

koffee
Old 03-19-13, 08:09 PM
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I borrowed a friend's to try out last month while traveling, and it rocked. Same principle, different manufacturer, etc. -- just a single-serving upside-down blender. Like dennismont says, it's more convenient and easier to clean up than a full-sized blender.

Another coworker has one of those blender-on-a-stick things that you can use in any cup or bowl, and he likes it a lot, too. Just don't chase your dog with one.
Old 03-23-13, 08:01 AM
BloomBikeShop
BloomBikeShop.com

Bikes: A few.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
I've considered it but the biggest issue for me is the size - if I make a smoothie, it's usually pretty darn big. The other thing, is that you can get the vast majority of the touted benefits (lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, etc.) with any $20 blender. Pretty sure NutriBullet doesn't have the exclusive on that

That said, I'm sure it's a great product for some people. Maybe your friend will let you use it once to see what you think?
Old 03-25-13, 11:27 AM
Bolo Grubb

Bikes: 1984 Trek 720 with a Nexus hub, 2016 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts
The Nutri-bullet and the Magic bullet are made by the same company. The difference is the Nutri-bullet has a bigger motor and in my opinion does a better job of making smoothies then the magic bullet does. I have used both.

A friend let us borrow their Magic bullet and we used it for 2 weeks. We loved it but after doing some research decided to get the Nutri bullet for its more power motor hoping it would do a better job of making the smoothies. It does.

My wife and I use it daily. We put leafy greens like spinach and Kale in with what ever fruit we feel like, and some nuts and seeds for various nutrients. sometimes avocado as well. Makes awesome smoothies, quick to use and and easy to clean. We got our Nutri-bullet at Target for around $100

We have a regular blender, but it does not do as well mixing and is a pain to clean as compared to the Nutri-bullet. If you go with a regular blender make sure it is a really good one with a powerful motor.