Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Revolights

Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Revolights

Old 03-11-14, 11:20 AM
ngateguy
Center of the Universe

Bikes: Bianchi San Remo, Norvara Intrepid MTB , Softride Solo 700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Revolights

I don't watch the show but I guess this guy was on Shark Tank last week trying to get money to expand his business. Since then I have had a half a dozen people rave about these. I must say it has piqued my interest, especially the theft resistant part of it. The delinquents in my neighborhood have ripped off two of my headlamps in the last few months when I run into a store for a quick stop.

Do any of you have any experience with these lights? It would be nice to get some first hand knowledge of this product before I purchase one.

Revolights Bike Lights

Thanks
David
Old 03-11-14, 11:29 AM
Andy_K 

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 522 Post(s)
Quoted: 3228 Post(s)
Liked 3,854 Times in 1,436 Posts
I saw a bike with those on the road a month or two ago. I was so impressed that I chased the guy down to find out what they were. That said, after seeing the cost and the weight I haven't been able to bring myself to pull the trigger.

They do look very cool on the road. They aren't particularly bright compared to an intense taillight, but they are very visible. I don't remember if the bike I saw had the front lights.
Old 03-11-14, 12:33 PM
timvan_78

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX8, Caad10, Marin BearValley, WTP BMX, Norco Tandem

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I agree they look really cool on the road, and very visible. I see them a few times each week. (It's probably the same 2 or 3 people.)

Now that my commutes are mostly in the daylight, I suspect I will notice them less until next fall.
Old 03-11-14, 06:56 PM
Eric S.

Bikes: '04 LeMond Buenos Aires, '82 Bianchi Nuova Racing, De Rosa SLX, Bridgestone MB-1, Guerciotti TSX, Torpado Aelle, LeMond Tourmalet 853, Bridgestone Radac

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 36 Posts
I donated a few bucks to it in 2010. Once the cost became apparent I lost interest. I don't even know about the weight, but adding something that expensive to a commuter bike inherently prone to theft isn't wise.
Old 03-11-14, 07:10 PM
J.C. Koto
apocryphal sobriquet

Bikes: 2008 Surly Long Haul Trucker "The Truckerino"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I've seen them at night. They look really cool, definitely noticeable, but IMO one would still need a proper headlight since the beam doesn't appear useful for illuminating the road.