Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Ottawa to Tremblant

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Ottawa to Tremblant

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-19, 07:17 AM
Bikeguy613

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ottawa to Tremblant

Good morning all. Summer 2020 some friends and I want to bike from ottawa to mont tremblant. I've looked online for info but the vast majority of it is for Montreal to tremblant. Anyone have any info
Old 11-10-19, 05:41 PM
linus
Crawler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 15 Posts
Be more precise about what you are asking. What information are you looking for?
Old 11-11-19, 12:14 AM
Eggman84

Bikes: 2014 Bruce Gordon Rock&Road, 1995 Santana Visa Tandem, 1990 Trek 520, 2012 Surly LHT

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts
There is a Route Verte route that goes from Ottawa to Montreal, then onto Mt Tremblant. There is a reason you find information from Montreal to Mt. Tremblant; its very popular to take the Route Verte, which is almost all rail trail between the two. If you want to go direct, you will just have to hope to find the 1 or 2 people that have done it and are online and willing/interested in posting/responding. La Route Verte. website can be a little difficult to navigate but they do have an online map of the routes.
Old 11-11-19, 03:47 PM
canamdad

Bikes: 1980 Mercian Pro steel, 2005 Specialized Roubaix, 2016 Norco Search, 2018 Ritchey Breakaway, 2019 Giant Defy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Take a look at this link: https://gatineautremblant.ca This is an organized ride from Gatineau (just over the bridge from Ottawa) to Tremblant that takes place in early June. There's a link there to the 2019 route and 2020 will be posted in the future. You could just download the route and do it whenever you like.
Old 11-11-19, 04:14 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 971 Times in 794 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikeguy613
Good morning all. Summer 2020 some friends and I want to bike from ottawa to mont tremblant. I've looked online for info but the vast majority of it is for Montreal to tremblant. Anyone have any info
hey there bg613, bg514 here, what sort of riding are y'all talking about, roadies and hammering and credit cards, or more touring, camping etc etc

50kms per day, 150?
1 day, 1 week? timeframe
have you toured before, have your friends?

could have suggestions, but will wait for you to get back.
Old 11-13-19, 02:07 PM
Ged117 

Bikes: 1951 Sun Wasp, 1953 Armstrong Consort, 1975 Raleigh Competition, 1980 Apollo Gran Sport, 1988 Schwinn Voyageur, Mystery MTB

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 467 Times in 192 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
hey there bg613, bg514 here, what sort of riding are y'all talking about, roadies and hammering and credit cards, or more touring, camping etc etc

50kms per day, 150?
1 day, 1 week? timeframe
have you toured before, have your friends?

could have suggestions, but will wait for you to get back.
djb,

I'm thinking of riding to Montreal in the spring for fun. Certainly, the route from Gatineau looks interesting. I would carry gear on my Voyageur and I like camping and a more fun pace. The idea being to ride to Montreal, enjoy Montreal, and either ride home or take the train if that option is possible. My girlfriend might come along and ride her 3-speed (lightened with alloy wheels). Honestly, I'll be looking for lots of weekend trip ideas from Ottawa outward and back.
Old 11-13-19, 04:28 PM
djb

Originally Posted by Ged117
djb,

I'm thinking of riding to Montreal in the spring for fun. Certainly, the route from Gatineau looks interesting. I would carry gear on my Voyageur and I like camping and a more fun pace. The idea being to ride to Montreal, enjoy Montreal, and either ride home or take the train if that option is possible. My girlfriend might come along and ride her 3-speed (lightened with alloy wheels). Honestly, I'll be looking for lots of weekend trip ideas from Ottawa outward and back.
if you look at the route verte that goes along the quebec side of the river, along route whatever it is, its a nice enough ride. I've ridden parts of it and have driven along it also, its a nice scenic route and memory serves that its not bad for cycling. It would be easy to check it out on google streetview here and there.
I havent camped along here, so cant comment , but it must be easy to find info on this.
Memory also seems that as it follows the river, there isnt too much up and down, which might be ok for the 3 speeder....but only you two know that, although an easy pace and reasonable distances would be doable Im sure.
good planning
Old 11-18-19, 07:35 AM
Ged117 

Bikes: 1951 Sun Wasp, 1953 Armstrong Consort, 1975 Raleigh Competition, 1980 Apollo Gran Sport, 1988 Schwinn Voyageur, Mystery MTB

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 467 Times in 192 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
if you look at the route verte that goes along the quebec side of the river, along route whatever it is, its a nice enough ride. I've ridden parts of it and have driven along it also, its a nice scenic route and memory serves that its not bad for cycling. It would be easy to check it out on google streetview here and there.
I havent camped along here, so cant comment , but it must be easy to find info on this.
Memory also seems that as it follows the river, there isnt too much up and down, which might be ok for the 3 speeder....but only you two know that, although an easy pace and reasonable distances would be doable Im sure.
good planning
Thanks djb.
Old 11-20-19, 04:41 PM
djb

Originally Posted by Ged117
Thanks djb.
oops, never responded, yw