Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Bicycle Touring: A 1955 English Special

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-19, 08:24 PM
BikeWonder

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 52 Posts

I posted this on the touring forum, but I figured the C&V forum would appreciate it just as much!

It's a short video (15min) about what sport tourists in the 50s would do. It's nice to see that not much has changed in terms of sport touring etiquette. Much of our favourite vintage touring bike styles can also be seen in the video. If you have the time, I encourage you to watch it. It was a nice reminder that biking is just a great way to socialize and get out there

Likes For BikeWonder:
Old 12-11-19, 09:07 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
I've seen that video years ago and downloaded it. I think it's a fantastic video and well worth watching even if it's just to see the various types of bicycles used on the tours..

Cheers