Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Zwift experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-16, 09:31 AM
Lefthook

Bikes: Kona Sutra Jamis Exile III, Jamis Explorer XR

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zwift experience

Zwift users, I’m trying to figure out if I should purchase a smart trainer. My question is once you get your trainer set up the first time moving forward is it as easy as login and start riding or do you need to allow time to perform spindown or other configurations before each workout. I have read a great deal about Wahoo snap having issues and I have been a Wahoo fan owning a number of their products. The market for smart trainers is pretty vast right now and I not sure which direction to go in.
Old 11-13-16, 11:37 AM
cvskates

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If you're using Zwift as your primary "distraction", the smart trainer changing resistance does take the experience to another level. Using your gears makes the simulation much more engaging.

I have a Kickr, and I don't perform a spin-down very often. Usually I just hop on and ride. However, I have the Kickr set up to use my power meter to determine resistance.

The biggest pro of a smart trainer is ERG mode. You use what ever software you want for your work out (I use TrainerRoad, but Zwift and countless others do it as well), and just pedal - the trainer does the rest.

I have an older dumb trainer, and will say without hesitation that upgrading to the Kickr was the best cycling related expenditure I've made (and FWIW, my trainer has been problem free).
Old 11-13-16, 02:44 PM
Lefthook

Bikes: Kona Sutra Jamis Exile III, Jamis Explorer XR

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks cvskates, hop on and ride is what I'm looking for.