Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Is This Used Specialized Pitch Sport A Good Deal

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-19, 04:13 PM
PCPartPickerPro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm interested in purchasing this Used Specialized Pitch Sport for $375. Is this a good deal? What should I be looking out for when buying a used bike? Any help would be appreciated.
Pictures of Bike
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1X6kMi1CIjO5nyGb_L2wuGNBc-B-dKcdH?usp=sharing
Old 04-22-19, 05:22 PM
PCPartPickerPro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I see 49 people have viewed the forum. Just a simple yes or no would be appreciated.
Old 04-22-19, 07:46 PM
dbf909

Bikes: '79 Schwinn LeTour IV, '11 Giant Roam1, '17 Specialized Pitch Comp, '18 Marin Hawk Hill 1, '15 Giant Defy1, '17 Jamis Earth Cruiser1 (x2)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Last year in February (just over a year ago) I purchased a 2017 Pitch Comp for $300 at my LBS. It was less than a year old but had definitely been ridden. It had a normal amount of scratches and dings and the brake pads were pretty much worn out. The cassette had a couple of very worn cogs and shifting was sketchy at times. The 2017 Comp sold new for roughly $800 or so - I think that $300 was a very good price. It was my first real MTB and I rode it 2-3 times a week learning local trails. I really didn't have to do anything to it but replace the cassette ($35) the brake pads ($12) and I cleaned and re-packed the bearings. After 4 or 5 months, my son wanted it so that was my excuse to buy another MTB and give that one to him... I still ride it occasionally - the hardtail is fun on the trails around here. I've also since upgraded the fork to a RockShox Recon Air Fork as well - pretty big improvement in ride.

To answer your question though - depending on condition it is an OK price. If it is less than 1-2 years old and was never ridden, yes. If older than that and/or ridden hard, no.

Last edited by dbf909; 04-22-19 at 07:50 PM.