Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Compass Tires Strangeness

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Compass Tires Strangeness

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-19, 07:55 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4733 Post(s)
Liked 1,532 Times in 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by ThermionicScott
My impression is that Jobst Brandt's arguments about poorer grip and rolling resistance with "tread" were against the bigger knobs seen on MTB tires and the chunky block tread on some road tires, not the file treads that we're discussing here.

So while he was happiest when Avocet made him completely slick tires, I feel like his arguments in favor of "slicks" apply to our tires with very fine tread patterns, too.
Interesting to note that Vittoria has a progression of the amount of 'fine tread' amount in their Corsa lineup, going from the fastest "Speed" to the Corsa Standard, to the Corsa Control

Likes For Sy Reene: