Search
Notices
Europe Europe

Bike share in Hannover, Germany

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-19, 07:10 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Bike share in Hannover, Germany

I'm traveling to Hannover, Germany and would love to find a bikes share while I'm there. Google has not been too helpful, lots of old and bad info leading to dead ends. It appears Hannover does not have a bike share program (reference - Nice Ride), but private bike rental options. Anybody on BF been to Hannover recently and rent/share a bike? Thanks!
Old 03-25-19, 07:31 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

I think I found the current bike share program in Hannover (lots of turn-over in recent years) - https://mobike.com/de/blog/post/mobike-fuer-hannover

For reference: in Minneapolis area, we have Nice Ride, which is a partnership with Minneapolis and been very successful with slow and thoughtful expansion. Nice Ride is like Divvy in Chicago or Capital in DC. I like these bikeshare systems.

Then in 2018 we watch Lime try to start up in a couple suburbs and it was a $#!& show, with bikes left all over the place, I'll be interesting to see if Lime comes back in 2019. Not a fan of these guys.

At the risk of getting lost in a rabbit hole - it's not about the dockless bikeshare set up - Nice Ride offers some dockless bikes too, but they must be returned to a designated location, not simple dumped where ever you get bored.
Old 04-12-19, 06:53 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Following up on my thread: I'm home from Germany, they have Mobike in Hannover. This is a dockless bike share program. I never got to use the bike shares, mostly because of schedule, but also their app won't work on my phone - I couldn't add credit card info.