Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Adaptive Cycling: Handcycles, Amputee Adaptation, Visual Impairment, and Other Needs
Reload this Page >

Good bike setup for a person with bilateral wrist pain when gripping handlebars?

Notices
Adaptive Cycling: Handcycles, Amputee Adaptation, Visual Impairment, and Other Needs Have a need for adaptive equipment to ride to compensate for a disability or loss of limb or function? This area is for discussion among those of us in the cycling world that are coming back from traumatic circumstances and tell the world, "No, you are not going to beat me down!"

Good bike setup for a person with bilateral wrist pain when gripping handlebars?

Old 02-25-19, 09:20 PM
greymountain

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Good bike setup for a person with bilateral wrist pain when gripping handlebars?

Hello, I have pain in both wrists when actively using my hands. Like with typing or picking up objects, I would like to bicycle but constantly using a handbrake would fatigue my hands quickly. Any ideas for a bike or adaptive tools that will let me ride a regular or recumbent bike with as little hand usage as possible? Thank you for your help!
Old 02-26-19, 03:46 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,354 Times in 861 Posts
Recumbent and Hydraulic brakes take very little effort..

and coaster brakes even less..