Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Soma Rush vs Cinelli Tutto

Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Soma Rush vs Cinelli Tutto

Old 05-19-18, 11:23 PM
072c

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scrodzilla
again, the tutto sucks.
:d
Old 05-20-18, 06:41 AM
072c

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just realized that the Soma costs 450 USD in the US vs 710 USD here in EU. Mind blown, will have to think it over and contact Soma directly. Retrogression wants $250 for shipping (nervous laughter)
Old 05-20-18, 03:25 PM
IAmSam

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 273 Times in 136 Posts
Originally Posted by 072c
I just realized that the Soma costs 450 USD in the US vs 710 USD here in EU. Mind blown, will have to think it over and contact Soma directly. Retrogression wants $250 for shipping (nervous laughter)

​​​​​​​You also need to research what a respondent to your question has pushed in the past before accepting what they say at face value now...
Old 05-21-18, 09:21 AM
Scrodzilla
Your cog is slipping.

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 58 Posts
Yeah, I used to ride a Leader. I liked it too, enough to endorse them. I also used to date a girl named Kolleen who, at the time, I thought was great. She eventually ruined my credit and cheated on me with her neighbor. Like most intelligent people would, I learned from my mistakes and moved on to better things.
Old 05-21-18, 02:16 PM
TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 431 Posts

I never regret my past decisions.

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me
Old 05-30-18, 08:43 AM
Wspsux

Bikes: Waterford, Salsa, Rivendell

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
^Oh boy...

Also, Based of the numbers @Scrodzilla posted, and I havent looked at the charts myself, It doesnt appear that the dimensions aren't much different than an All City Big Block.
My size 52 has a 55 TT. I believe Scrod rides a Thunderdome which has the same geometry...

I've lost the plot. I don't know what point I'm trying to make. Just get a wabi, seems to be the only thing we can agree on these days.

Last edited by Wspsux; 05-30-18 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-07-18, 08:52 PM
Scottybigs 

Bikes: Schwinn Voyageur SP | Sekine SHS-271 | Wabi Special

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by seau grateau
Also, if you want to get into steel nerd stuff, the main triangle of the Rush is Tange Prestige, which is arguably a nicer tubeset than the Tutto's Columbus Cromor.
Bingo.
Old 06-08-18, 06:23 AM
Big Pond

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottybigs
Bingo.
Nonesense.

A frame designed to accommodate cx should be made from stouter tubing than one made for a velodrome. As to that nebulous characteristic of ride quality, well, cromor is very similar to sp and better than sl. That Bruce Gordon test from way back rated Sl above prestige. There’s a whole lot of opinion therein, but the point is both tubests are very good. Different applications are best served by an apprpriate tube set.

Speaking of nonsense and dangled opinions, this thread is full of it. Why not help a dude out rather than blast him with non sequitors? What’s the point? Cuz it sucks...?
Old 06-08-18, 12:38 PM
seau grateau

Bikes: Litespeed Catalyst, IRO Rob Roy, All City Big Block

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked 398 Times in 194 Posts
"Opinions are dumb and invalid, except for mine, which is correct."
Old 05-14-19, 10:10 AM
poohitan

Bikes: Cinelli Tutto

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hope the topicstarter has made some decision by now

Gonna write something just for those people who will get onto this forum topic while googling Tutto reviews. I own one for almost a year and I'm perfectly happy with it. I didn't know about Soma Rush when I was trying to choose a frameset, but even now, after checking it out, I prefer Tutto (at least for my purposes). The other options I was looking at the last year were Surly Steamroller and All-City Nature boy. I really liked the Nature boy, it has some large advantages over Tutto, like built-in chain tensioners and disc brakes compatibility, however it has sloping top tube, which I didn't like from the aesthetics side, and aesthetics is important for me
I didn't like the Steamroller at all, cause it has narrower tire clearence and only one bottlecage mount, which is critical for me, as I ride long brevets.
So between those three, Steamroller seems the least versatile to me; Nature boy is a great frameset, I just don't like how it looks; and Tutto matches all my requirements. Tutto also has front rack mounts on fork, which was quite important for me as well.

I use it for everyday commuting, usually on quite bad roads/cobbles/mixed terrain, for long rides/brevets, etc., and it's just perfect for it. Very versatile, strong, robust and convenient frameset, and I like it's look quite a lot as well.
Old 06-15-19, 02:27 PM
Dylansbob 
2k miles from the midwest

Bikes: ~'75 Colin Laing, '80s Schwinn SuperSport 650b, ex-Backroads ti project...

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked 931 Times in 446 Posts
The "Prestige" tubing that Soma uses isn't the same as what what it was in the 90s. Current "Tange" is about as closely related as a Windsor is to the original.