Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Charity Events
Reload this Page >

Youth Bike Summit 2019 - Bike Scraps* and Messages Wanted!

Notices
Charity Events Whether you're looking for riders, sponsors, or volunteers, this is the place to tell the world that cyclists can make a difference.

Youth Bike Summit 2019 - Bike Scraps* and Messages Wanted!

Old 01-24-19, 02:48 PM
mandywwong

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink Youth Bike Summit 2019 - Bike Scraps* and Messages Wanted!

In 16th February (SAT), I will be holding a workshop in Youth Bike Summit 2019, a conference to gather and share ideas relating to civic engagement, supporting bicycling as a catalyst for the health of our communities.

As one of the events, my workshop invites the public to paint messages on bike scraps to arouse attention on bike thefts, especially call for actions in reporting. At the same time, discussion will be held on exploring the possibility of alternatives and humanity approaches in easing bicycle crime, topics such as:

How would you communicate with thieves if you have a chance to engage with them?
Could forgiveness and belief in human kindness be a way to intervene criminal issues?

After the workshop, I will donate all the bike components to local bike shops for refurbishment and charity sale, which will also serve as mobile campaigns towards the general public.

If you are a bike victim and would like to donate any bike remanent, or have your messages shown on a bike, please do not hesitate to email me at mandywongwai@gmail.com. Any shipping fee will be covered.

Workshop - “Words on the Bike”

Venue: Middle College High School, 3101 Thomson Ave, Long Island City, NY 11101
Date: 16 Feb, 2019 (SAT)
Time: TBA

Last edited by mandywwong; 01-28-19 at 12:56 PM.