Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Let's see pics of your interesting bar tape!

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-20, 10:15 PM
zachleft

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts

In the market for some bar tape and could use some inspiration.

If you have any neat color combinations, designs, prints, materials on your bar tape, let's see it all!
Old 04-27-20, 08:03 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 4,001 Times in 2,670 Posts
I usually recommend a nice black tape that is comfortable for you and ideally long lasting. My favored tape is Lizard Skins 3.2 DSP tape

However on my old ZIPP base bars I did have a red and black harlequin wrap which was nice but no huge comfort for the hands but I loved the feel of the cloth wrap. I should try the new Newbaums padded tape.
https://www.bikeforums.net/attachmen...8&d=1452119264
Old 04-27-20, 09:53 PM
ddeand 

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 46 Posts
I used this stuff for the first time this year. It’s not particularly “artsy”, but it is really pretty classy as well as comfortable. It probably would be best on a classic build.

Old 04-28-20, 04:17 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 3149 Post(s)
Liked 1,714 Times in 1,034 Posts
I don’t have a pic handy, but I really like the silver Supacaz tape I have on one bike, and they really have a wild selection of colors and designs to choose from.

I run Lizardskins DSP 3.2 on two other bikes, and agree that’s great stuff. They’ve had some interesting multicolor variants in the past, so worth looking into to see what they have now.

Also, remember that you can use finishing tape to add a little pizzaz to the bars, too, like in a contrasting color.