Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Electra 7d Lux Fat Tire is in

Search
Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Electra 7d Lux Fat Tire is in

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-20, 07:13 AM
rhenning

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 80 Posts
mo means what? Roger
Old 04-20-20, 02:28 PM
GeezyRider 

Bikes: There is always room for one more.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 388 Times in 225 Posts
The big MO is momentum. Don't know what little mo is.
Old 04-25-20, 04:52 PM
JoeBeach

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They seem to be in short supply

Originally Posted by kirby999
Some more info to add to my review of my Electra Fat Tire 7d .
I road her to town this morning. Getting past the two big hills wasn’t any problem, just drop down to first gear as I neared the top and crawled right over the top of the first one then second gear down a short section, a sharp left and I’m into another long sloping hill . This one I was into crawling gear early , but it was like putting the bike in four wheel drive.
Once out it’s mostly rolling hills around town except for one coming out from the town pond . But in first gear I just crept right up it . 7.5 miles total .

Oh I stopped once , for about two minutes to snap a picture at the town pond .
Very nice. I would love to have one.
I tried to find a Electra Lux Fat Tire 7D and they are not available around here in central Florida and I am not sure i was able to find one anywhere. Any reason they might be in short supply?
Old 04-25-20, 05:13 PM
OldCruiser

Bikes: Most of my bikes are Single Speed Conversions

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 3,067 Times in 1,015 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeBeach
Very nice. I would love to have one.
I tried to find a Electra Lux Fat Tire 7D and they are not available around here in central Florida and I am not sure i was able to find one anywhere. Any reason they might be in short supply?
they are still listed on Electra’s site and my local Trek Store in Black only . Trek says “ coming.
I'm guessing they are waiting on a shipment from China . Everything from China has a hold on it right now .
I’m glad I got mine when I did. It gets more comments than any of my other bikes when I’m out riding it .
Old 04-25-20, 05:23 PM
JoeBeach

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kirby999
they are still listed on Electra’s site and my local Trek Store in Black only . Trek says “ coming.
I'm guessing they are waiting on a shipment from China . Everything from China has a hold on it right now .
I’m glad I got mine when I did. It gets more comments than any of my other bikes when I’m out riding it .
Thanks for the reply, Yes, I see them listed several places but they always indicate "not available" so it may well be the disruption of trade. I will keep looking..
Old 04-25-20, 06:38 PM
JoeBeach

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm giving some consideration to a Sixthreezero "In the Barrel" which seems very similar to the Lux Fat 7D. Do you know anything about Sixthreezero? they offer free shipping, some assembly required and 365 days of return policy. It s about $70-$80 less expensive but seems available in about 20 days due to slow downs for the virus..
Old 03-21-23, 01:02 PM
NoPhart

Bikes: As my watts decline, I’m amping up!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OldCruiser
I picked up my Electra 7d Lux Fat Tire bike this afternoon.
Got it home and spent about an hour and a half fitting it to me , swapping out saddles , and adding a bike computer . I set my Cateye Velo9 to 27” to compensate for the bigger diameter tires .
Then I took it on a two mile spin around the neighborhood.
First impressions are good . It peddles easy enough . Feels totally different riding than anything I’ve ever ridden. It pulls to the side sometimes. Not bad and not a lot . Just enough to make you want to pay attention to what’s going on . The big tires feel funny going into a turn . It’s sort of like driving a truck without power steering after getting out of a sports car . .
It doesn't shift as good as my Roll . About like my old Hardrock. It shifts but makes a clicking noise sometimes. Sometimes it shifts fine .
I have no problem pedaling around in second and third gear , just like my other geared bikes . Second , third , and fourth seem pretty close together. First I’d definitely a granny gear .
I like it , it’ll be fun cruising through my little town on it .
Although I managed to get it home on my Drawtite bike rack , it didn’t fit well because of the shape of the top bar . Doubt if I’ll be dragging it behind the truck much anyway. I wanted it for neighborhood rides .
Just picked up one of these Electra Lux D7 Fat "TALL" (on the seat post) in this same color used on CL. First thing I did was swap out the manual cable brakes for hydraulics. In doing so, when I removed the Shimano Tourney Revo 7-Speed shifter from the handlebar it exploded and parts went everywhere. Guess I will be upgrading that too. Any recommendations for a quality twist-shifter repacement?

I have always wanted one of these cruisers to add a Bafang BBS02 750W/48V motor to. This frame allows for it to be installed in the frame triangle instead of underneath the bottom bracket. Makes for a clean install and nice look. Don't know if I will go that route right way. I may ride this fatty through the summer as is with the hydraulic brake upgrade first.

Does anyone know what this color is called? Does TreK/Electra make touch-up paint or sell spray cans like Swhinn used to do? I couldn't find this color on the Trek/Electra website. In fact, I couldn't find a listing for one of these in "TALL" like mine states on the seatpost (only TALL standard steel cruisers) and the specifications for a "M" (medium). Does anyone have a link to the geometry for the TALL model of this fat cruiser?

Thanks.
Old 04-06-23, 05:48 AM
T REXXX

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
It looks very cool and futuristic
Likes For T REXXX: