Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Big shoutout to Osprey

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Big shoutout to Osprey

Old 07-06-19, 03:24 PM
HerrKaLeun

Bikes: Giant Toughroad SLR1 and Motobecane Sturgis NX

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked 231 Times in 168 Posts
Big shoutout to Osprey

I use an Osprey hikelite 26 for riding to work. Feels really light and makes a backpack as comfortable as it can be. Has the mesh to prevent sweat.

I had that pack in in my car and the hip belt buckle got smashed by the door and broke. I googled for generic 1" buckles and they are about $5. no big deal.
but i figured Osprey has an online from to get replacement parts. All one does is describe the damage, the model and attaches a picture of the damage. No receipt or explanation required.

I did that and the next business day I get an email with tracking information and today the part arrived. all for free and no hassle. Needless to say they will get my business for the next gear I need.

This is outstanding service, especially since we live in a world where many manufacturers give you the runaround, force you go to an LBS etc.
Likes For HerrKaLeun:
Old 07-06-19, 10:31 PM
Dirt Farmer

Bikes: Jamis Quest Elite; Fuji Sagres; Trek Fuel EX 8

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 53 Posts
I've gotten several replacement bite valves from them over the years, for free, no questions asked.

Great customer service.
Likes For Dirt Farmer:
Old 07-07-19, 08:41 AM
Nachoman
well hello there

Bikes: Bill Holland (Road-Ti), Fuji Roubaix Pro (back-up), Bike Friday (folder), Co-Motion (tandem) & Trek 750 (hybrid)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 206 Posts
Top quality stuff for sure. When they were still a relatively new company I bought a custom cycling day pack from them that ended up lasting me over ten or fifteen years. I was so happy with it that when I went back to Santa Cruz for a little vacation, I had them custom make me another and I bought my parents a whole Osprey luggage set.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Old 07-07-19, 01:30 PM
August West

Bikes: Domane SLR7 Project One

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 173 Times in 105 Posts
I love my Osprey Talon pack. Top quality and comfortable. And I love doing business with companies like them.

Not cycling related but last winter I was hiking with my Black Diamond trekking poles when I got tangled up on a decent and fell right on top of one my poles. It snapped the center section clean in half. I looked on the BD web store and they showed replacement center section was out of stock. So I called and the gal said "Oh, we have some of those here in the office and I'll just sent you one". I offered to pay for it since it was my fault but they said no, there was no charge. Customer for life.
Old 07-09-19, 12:00 AM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 4387 Post(s)
Liked 4,497 Times in 3,009 Posts
Took an Osprey Siskin 8 for a cruise. Great hydration pack! Didn’t even realize it was on my back. Packed all essential tools still no problems. Believe in Osprey, good products.
Old 07-09-19, 02:19 AM
Dr.Lou

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 61 Posts
I have 4 Osprey packs of various sizes I use to trek around the planet. Can’t imagine using another brand. My Exos 38 gets the most use for trips of 5 days or less.
Likes For Dr.Lou: