Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Advice please

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Advice please

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-23, 11:40 AM
dayjon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Advice please

Currently have a Focus Jam 6.8 2022 MTB and need a new rear wheel instead of replacing the hub. That is proving difficult at the moment.
My current rims are RODI TRYP 30, 30-622 but just need the rear wheel replacement for ease.
(rear hub is Novatec D462SB, 12x148 mm)
Can anyone recommend what I would need or rhat would be a good buy? Little stuck right now.
Old 10-02-23, 12:46 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4358 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,667 Posts
It seems like you just need a 29" Boost wheel and those are pretty easy to come by. You just need to get the right free hub body for your cassette and either consider a new rotor or find a hub that fits that rotor (either 6 bolt or center lock) If you look at the Rodi website you can find the internal specs for the rim and you can ask your local shop to match that or get close but honestly a little wider or narrower probably won't make a huge enough impact.

At one of our distributors who sells a ton of wheels there are 31 models available from 28mm to 31.5mm internal width some are more expensive some are cheaper it depends on what you want or need.

There are also tons of wheel builders out there who can build you whatever you want or plenty of others like Astral who have some really nice wheel sets built up or customizable should you need it. I am having them build me a set for a gravel bike right now. Their Serpentine rim is 32mm internal width which is 2mm difference between what you have currently and if you notice an impact it will be positive.
Old 10-02-23, 01:44 PM
dayjon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Many thanks that is really helpful
Likes For dayjon: