Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Black Friday Sales What Are You Looking For?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Black Friday Sales What Are You Looking For?

Old 11-29-19, 10:02 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4729 Post(s)
Liked 1,531 Times in 1,002 Posts
Wait til Saturday for Shop Small.. and then head to your LBS
Old 11-29-19, 12:35 PM
wipekitty
vespertine member

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Liked 220 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by tgenec86
We won't discuss the Steel Blue color, WILL WE?
Love the color. It's exactly the color of my single speed, and would also look nice with my gravel bike. Both of which I should probably be changing over from SPD-SL to SPD at some point, so it's probably good that those shoes aren't available in my size!

In other news, my favorite European fashion retailer DID do some Black Friday action for US customers, so I got a few things. My SO also got some jeans, a raincoat, and some sneakers. I don't think we need anything else (except for bib shorts and guitar pedals, both of which seem to be in short supply around here.)
Old 12-01-19, 07:22 AM
hefeweizen

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Saturday I went to the lbs and bought some shoes and a rear light.
Likes For hefeweizen:
Old 12-01-19, 11:17 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by GnipGnop
For ****s sake dude. I agree that capitalism is bull****. This is a thread about buying ****, not for discussing the failures of capitalism.

If people are enjoying a conversation about a subject, so do you come in and offer your contrarian views? Do you always enter threads and hijack them like this?
Of course life is not all about buying stuff. If you feel so strongly about it, maybe make a new thread instead of trying to hijack current ones with your virtue signalling?
You kids go back to your table, please. Mom has a hot turkey in her oven mitts.
Old 12-01-19, 11:19 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Originally Posted by FiftySix
Still workin' on it.

When you stop there will be hell to pay, and of course a nice service.
Old 12-01-19, 11:19 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Originally Posted by Sy Reene
Wait til Saturday for Shop Small.. and then head to your LBS
It died last March.

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere...
Old 12-01-19, 11:25 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Originally Posted by base2
Imagine: Whirled peas.

When you lose your teeth, it will be like your second birth.

Go full tilt and cut it down to fuzz or stop combing over and it will be complete.
Old 12-01-19, 11:29 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Originally Posted by GrainBrain

If you are a bluetooth speaker you must have been to the dentist and chewed that pill to show your cavities.

And I'm gone. Nobody is hiring me for birthdays or bar mitzvahs.
Old 12-01-19, 11:52 PM
DropBarFan

Bikes: 2013 Surly Disc Trucker, 2004 Novara Randonee , old fixie , etc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
In the fall one often sees some good discounts on bikes or clothes, esp closeouts, but for popular bikes or components, I'm not sure if one can find many great Black Friday deals.
Old 12-02-19, 12:20 AM
N00b_Cyclist
Destroyer of Worlds

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR "Molten Marble"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 42 Posts
I don't know what it means to wait for 1 day of the year to buy things, so I already had everything I wanted by the time Friday came around. However, I will probably see something next week and snag it up. We don't do "holiday gifts" that much in our house,
Old 12-02-19, 05:11 AM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by N00b_Cyclist
I don't know what it means to wait for 1 day of the year to buy things, so I already had everything I wanted by the time Friday came around. However, I will probably see something next week and snag it up. We don't do "holiday gifts" that much in our house,

Old 12-02-19, 12:43 PM
Snowflake6
Sprockets away!

Bikes: 2021 Prior Prime 105 Disc, 2015 Cannondale Synapse 105 Disc, 1996 Brodie Quantum, 1984 Norco Monterey (SRAM automatix two-speed), 198x Cramerotti Campagnolo Chorus (restored)

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by tgenec86

Cycling News just posted a link to JensenUSA for Giro Empire lace-up shoes: https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/get...der-dollar100/
I saw it 15 minutes after it was published and got myself a pair. Wanted lace-ups so I could feel good riding the Peugeot PX-10! We won't discuss the Steel Blue color, WILL WE?
FYI - you have to use the link, you can't find them just by going to the Jensen website...
Wow, that colour is awesome. It's our team colour as well. But... Laces? Sorry, I can't go back to laces.

I watched for half a dozen bike-related things on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but in every case they were either sold out, or not on sale. Oh well. I did pick up a PC to run TacX/Zwift, so I don't have to keep moving my laptop over to the TV, and a Logitech K830 media keyboard to go with it... 50% off, i've been watching prices all summer with this in mind. Now I have to build a stand for the keyboard to sit in front of my handlebars.
Old 12-02-19, 01:07 PM
FlRon

Bikes: Specialized Crossroads

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 12 Posts
I tend to keep things pretty simple, so the only bike-related item I'm after is a cell phone holder. When I first got back into riding I didn’t see the need for one, obviously I was wrong about that.
Old 12-02-19, 01:12 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4224 Post(s)
Liked 2,944 Times in 1,803 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowflake6
Wow, that colour is awesome. It's our team colour as well. But... Laces? Sorry, I can't go back to laces.

I watched for half a dozen bike-related things on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but in every case they were either sold out, or not on sale. Oh well. I did pick up a PC to run TacX/Zwift, so I don't have to keep moving my laptop over to the TV, and a Logitech K830 media keyboard to go with it... 50% off, i've been watching prices all summer with this in mind. Now I have to build a stand for the keyboard to sit in front of my handlebars.
I've been wondering how one of these (https://zwift.com/shop/product/iomount-convert) would work with a cheap tablet ($30 kindle fire?) with the mobile version of zwift installed to act as a controller. I do have a k830 keyboard in that room, but I couldn't figure out a great way to mount it and would prefer not to drop and break it.
Old 12-02-19, 01:37 PM
Snowflake6
Sprockets away!

Bikes: 2021 Prior Prime 105 Disc, 2015 Cannondale Synapse 105 Disc, 1996 Brodie Quantum, 1984 Norco Monterey (SRAM automatix two-speed), 198x Cramerotti Campagnolo Chorus (restored)

Originally Posted by himespau
I've been wondering how one of these (https://zwift.com/shop/product/iomount-convert) would work with a cheap tablet ($30 kindle fire?) with the mobile version of zwift installed to act as a controller. I do have a k830 keyboard in that room, but I couldn't figure out a great way to mount it and would prefer not to drop and break it.
That could work if you're tied to Zwift. I really wanted the capability to run *any* cycling simulator (currently liking the real videos of Tacx, tbh) and also to use the PC as a home theatre box in its spare time, so the keyboard has additional value for me. I plan to 3D print some brackets to attach a small piece of 1/4" plywood in front of the bars... Should be do-able without impacting my hand position, and easily removable..
Old 12-02-19, 01:48 PM
bpcyclist

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked 364 Times in 227 Posts
Originally Posted by FlRon
I tend to keep things pretty simple, so the only bike-related item I'm after is a cell phone holder. When I first got back into riding I didn’t see the need for one, obviously I was wrong about that.
I am getting this because I don't like any of the others--https://www.amazon.com/Nite-Ize-Hand...5316035&sr=8-6.
Old 12-02-19, 02:00 PM
Wilfred Laurier
Señor Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 215 Posts
I have been searching for a while for a cheap 'lowrider' front rack.
Old 12-02-19, 02:06 PM
himespau 

That could work if you're tied to Zwift. I really wanted the capability to run *any* cycling simulator (currently liking the real videos of Tacx, tbh) and also to use the PC as a home theatre box in its spare time, so the keyboard has additional value for me. I plan to 3D print some brackets to attach a small piece of 1/4" plywood in front of the bars... Should be do-able without impacting my hand position, and easily removable..
Yeah, my pc also runs all the other media in that room, which is why I am a bit leary about sweating on/dropping the keyboard and ruining it. I mean it's not a huge investment and I do have other keyboards I could use until I replaced it, so it's not the end of the world. I think I have an old clamp-style tablet holder. I wonder if that would hold the keyboard securely. I would like something that isn't too onerous to remove if I want to go for a ride outside on a nice day.
Old 12-02-19, 02:09 PM
Snowflake6
Sprockets away!

Originally Posted by himespau
Yeah, my pc also runs all the other media in that room, which is why I am a bit leary about sweating on/dropping the keyboard and ruining it. I mean it's not a huge investment and I do have other keyboards I could use until I replaced it, so it's not the end of the world. I think I have an old clamp-style tablet holder. I wonder if that would hold the keyboard securely. I would like something that isn't too onerous to remove if I want to go for a ride outside on a nice day.
My thought was that however I mounted it, it would be far enough forward not to drip on... I was thinking a position about where my hands would be if I was on aero bars. So to use the keyboard i'd put my elbows on the cross-bar, and where my hands ended up would be my keyboard. At least on my bike, that puts my hands well in front of me... Although maybe that just means my body position is ****e...
Old 12-02-19, 02:21 PM
himespau 

My thought was that however I mounted it, it would be far enough forward not to drip on... I was thinking a position about where my hands would be if I was on aero bars. So to use the keyboard i'd put my elbows on the cross-bar, and where my hands ended up would be my keyboard. At least on my bike, that puts my hands well in front of me... Although maybe that just means my body position is ****e...
No, that makes total sense. I'm just too lazy/cheap to make or buy a stand, so I was trying to think of a way to mount to my bike. A stand is better than trying to find a way to do a quick release. Right now I'm on rollers (with a fork stand because I'm recovering from major knee surgery and am afraid of falling, which is also why I'm riding inside while it's still nice out), on a wooden platform I've made. I've also made a sort of cart that the rollers can sit on. I plan to makes strips on either side of the wheels of the cart and attach the front and back to the platform with bungees so that I can allow some forward/back motion on the rollers to simulate a more natural ride. That motion would make an external stand for the keyboard challenging to reach at times unless I put it off to the side.
Old 12-02-19, 03:56 PM
N00b_Cyclist
Destroyer of Worlds

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR "Molten Marble"

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
No idea what this picture is supposed to mean. If it means "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR HOUSEHOLD?" then, I don't really know. Always hated holidays and lucky enough to have a spouse who also sees very little value in holiday shopping/gift giving when there are 365 days in a year...most years.
Old 12-03-19, 05:20 AM
tim24k

Bikes: To many to list. I like them all!

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
On Black Friday I bought a Sirrus SS single speed I’ve had my eye on for sometime now. I was presently surprised Specialized put it on sale for $359.99 down from $599.

https://www.specialized.com/ca/en/me...speed/p/159150
Old 12-03-19, 07:28 AM
Flip Flop Rider

Bikes: 2010 Fuji Absolute 3.0 1994 Trek 850

Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 555 Times in 322 Posts
bought a cyglolite headlamp (550 lumens) for 30 bucks
Likes For Flip Flop Rider:
Old 12-03-19, 09:49 AM
monstorr

Bikes: Trek Crockett 7 and a bunch of projects =)

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I got a Garmin Venu Watch 100 bucks off on Amazon... Wont be available until January 10th, haha. Otherwise, I didn't really look for cycling deals.
Old 12-03-19, 11:29 PM
DropBarFan

Bikes: 2013 Surly Disc Trucker, 2004 Novara Randonee , old fixie , etc

Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Flip Flop Rider
bought a cyglolite headlamp (550 lumens) for 30 bucks
Wow, amazing price for good lights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.