Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

"...his hat, his little bike shorts..."

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

"...his hat, his little bike shorts..."

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-20, 12:45 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,696 Times in 2,517 Posts
Originally Posted by hubcyclist
i'm surprised no one has noticed he has a visor on as a roadie, totally Fred move!
I ride at night. Motorists don't dim their lights for cyclists. A visor is a good idea. And he wasn't riding on the road, so...
Old 06-05-20, 12:48 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
I ride at night. Motorists don't dim their lights for cyclists. A visor is a good idea. And he wasn't riding on the road, so...
So if he was riding on an MUP does that make him a Muppie? A Muppet?
Old 06-05-20, 01:13 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Muppet seems too kind
Old 06-05-20, 01:32 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
Muppet seems too kind

A muphole, maybe.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 06-05-20, 01:46 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10955 Post(s)
Liked 7,484 Times in 4,186 Posts
Seeing the ABC video, the incident is clearer. Looks like a hand was placed on the girl's arm. And it also looks like the camera kid fell down(whether tripped up or not couldnt be seen).

Hopefully once this guy is found, he will have to go thru the legal process and recognize that his behavior was unacceptable. It would be great if his punishment for the crimes of placing a hand on a kid and intimidating someone with a bicycle is to pay for the legal process, doing community service, and taking court ordered behavior classes.

In the end, the goal should be for the individual to have an opportunity to learn what he did was wrong and how to handle himself in the future.
Old 06-05-20, 01:49 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Pretty clear he pushed the cameraperson down with the bike.

I know someone that could be this guy's twin, and has a very similar bike. OTOH, he doesn't live near there and isn't riding due to medical issues. I hate to see people mining the internet looking for cyclists that look like this guy. It's remarkably difficult to identify someone from a picture with a helmet on
Old 06-05-20, 01:56 PM
Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Seeing the ABC video, the incident is clearer. Looks like a hand was placed on the girl's arm. And it also looks like the camera kid fell down(whether tripped up or not couldnt be seen).

Hopefully once this guy is found, he will have to go thru the legal process and recognize that his behavior was unacceptable. It would be great if his punishment for the crimes of placing a hand on a kid and intimidating someone with a bicycle is to pay for the legal process, doing community service, and taking court ordered behavior classes.

In the end, the goal should be for the individual to have an opportunity to learn what he did was wrong and how to handle himself in the future.
He didn't "intimidate" someone with a bicycle; he attacked them. He attacked the girl. This is a violent felony. He should be in prison for quite some time, not treated more gently than someone caught smoking weed. He cannot be trusted in society.
Likes For Bah Humbug:
Old 06-05-20, 02:09 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
He didn't "intimidate" someone with a bicycle; he attacked them. He attacked the girl. This is a violent felony. He should be in prison for quite some time, not treated more gently than someone caught smoking weed. He cannot be trusted in society.
Well this just gets into the issue of if someone should be jailed for possession.
I agree that he shouldnt be treated more gently than someone in possession of weed.
Old 06-05-20, 02:10 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug

I doubt he'd be charged with a felony, this looks like misdemeanor assault. But weirdly, in MD, misdemeanor assault is punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment. I did a double-take when I read that.
Old 06-05-20, 02:11 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quoted: 18410 Post(s)
Liked 15,531 Times in 7,327 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism
My wife and I were discussing this morning during a hardware and grocery run that people were much more polite when everyone wore masks during the beginning of lockdown but now that things are easing up the *ssh*l*s are back in bloom. Not just in parking lots but inside the stores the lane discipline and courtesy have evaporated.
I’ve noticed the same. Mask fatigue. Not literally, but figuratively. Example: More people around these parts are donning masks only when they are required to. They’re standing in line outside grocery store close behind others and only pulling up their masks when they are allowed in. And I’ve noticed more people pulling them down once they are in the store.

Last edited by indyfabz; 06-05-20 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-05-20, 02:13 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

I'm not a very punitive guy overall, but if a man that age doesn't know it's wrong to physically attack an 11 year old girl, he needs a pretty harsh object lesson.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 06-05-20, 02:29 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Originally Posted by livedarklions
I'm not a very punitive guy overall, but if a man that age doesn't know it's wrong to physically attack an 11 year old girl, he needs a pretty harsh object lesson.
Arrest him on a friday, he has to stay there til Monday. Have him pay retribution financially thru court costs and socially thru community service and court ordered classes.
Assuming he is white collar, a conviction will follow him and from here on out he will have a very different life due to the conviction and notoriety.

I would assume anyone that age knows its wrong to take papers away from a girl by placing a hand on the child's arm. Clearly the guy was emotional and while that does not excuse the actions, many in this world never learned to control their emotions and **** like this happens. Thankfully it was just placing a hand on her arm and trying to take away some papers. That, to me, doesnt warrant prison. It is deserving of jail after arrest and paying back to the community thru work and classes.

I just happened to read what the fliers said. If the theory that he is a cop is correct, I could see the wording on those fliers being something that could make him emotional.
Old 06-05-20, 02:34 PM
REDMASTA

Bikes: Bare Rum Sword Knuckle Runner

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 64 Posts
moobs madness on the mup.
Likes For REDMASTA:
Old 06-05-20, 02:45 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quoted: 18410 Post(s)
Liked 15,531 Times in 7,327 Posts

I just happened to read what the fliers said. If the theory that he is a cop is correct, I could see the wording on those fliers being something that could make him emotional.
If he is a cop and cannot sufficiently control his emotions in that situation to stop himself from assaulting and battering a child then he needs to resign immediately.
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 06-05-20, 02:47 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Arrest him on a friday, he has to stay there til Monday. Have him pay retribution financially thru court costs and socially thru community service and court ordered classes.
Assuming he is white collar, a conviction will follow him and from here on out he will have a very different life due to the conviction and notoriety.

I would assume anyone that age knows its wrong to take papers away from a girl by placing a hand on the child's arm. Clearly the guy was emotional and while that does not excuse the actions, many in this world never learned to control their emotions and **** like this happens. Thankfully it was just placing a hand on her arm and trying to take away some papers. That, to me, doesnt warrant prison. It is deserving of jail after arrest and paying back to the community thru work and classes.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. That was some serious criminal behavior aimed at an 11 year old girl.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 06-05-20, 02:55 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Originally Posted by indyfabz
If he is a cop and cannot sufficiently control his emotions in that situation to stop himself from assaulting and battering a child then he needs to resign immediately.
Well sure. That should be a given.
Old 06-05-20, 03:06 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts
I doubt he'd be charged with a felony, this looks like misdemeanor assault. But weirdly, in MD, misdemeanor assault is punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment. I did a double-take when I read that.
I thought "misdemeanor" was synonymous with "up to a year in jail."

I do think our society needs to re-think prisons. Our prison population is absurdly high. If this guy was forced to scrub toilets for 20 hours per week at a local homeless shelter for the next 5 years, I would be content with that.
Likes For Cyclist0108:
Old 06-05-20, 03:09 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts

The fellow who was knocked down by the bicycle the perpetrator attacked with said this in the ABC video I linked to above:

"The teen said the cyclist injured his calf. He posted a photo showing a gash on his leg. He wrote on ******, “he rammed his bike into me and tried to pin me to the ground with it."'

Also, one person already has been misidentified as being that attacker and has had to post multiple times and places to clear his name.

Cheers
Old 06-05-20, 03:11 PM
REDMASTA

Bikes: Bare Rum Sword Knuckle Runner

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 64 Posts
warning: using androgel as a chamois creme may cause moobs and unwarrented aggression towards minors
Likes For REDMASTA:
Old 06-05-20, 04:24 PM
Pratt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked 498 Times in 295 Posts
Just an uneducated guess, but I would bet he has assaulted people before. Whether he was arrested/prosecuted is another question
Likes For Pratt:
Old 06-05-20, 04:25 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Not to dwell on this but, since this was the first I knew of the incident, it was Gayle's comments afterward that got me and which provided the title of this thread. It usually takes a couple of hours for some stories to show up online after broadcast or I would have provided this link much sooner.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/video-...loyd-flyers/#x
Old 06-05-20, 04:36 PM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1743 Post(s)
Liked 1,281 Times in 740 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder
Not sticking up for the perp, and I'm not familiar with the area (I'm on the west coast), but does the area get a lot of flyers put up on post/fences/walls/etc? Things like that can make an area look really trashy really quick, and cops just give up trying to enforce any ordinances on posting signs. I've got a utility pole outside my house that gets all kinds of signs posted - lost cats/dogs, cars for sale, garage sales, band appearances, real estate sales (weeks-old signs) - it gets annoying.
Do you assault 11 yr. olds?
Old 06-05-20, 04:39 PM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1743 Post(s)
Liked 1,281 Times in 740 Posts
Maybe child endangerment?
Old 06-05-20, 04:42 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Originally Posted by bruce19
Maybe child endangerment?
As details emerge it seems the camera guy is 18 years old and the two women both 19, so the "child" aspect of the discussion no longer applies.
Old 06-05-20, 04:57 PM
etherhuffer 

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker,81 Fuji Gran Tour SE, 83 Fuji S12S LTD, Voyageur 11.8 chrome, Raleigh R300 Touring, Voyageur 11.8

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked 503 Times in 228 Posts
I wondered if this topic had popped up. Sure enough. I have another thought. Here in Seattle we are pretty white bread overall. In the last few years I have noticed a lot more people of color cycling. This is good. I am a doctor and deal with the eye complications of diabetes. Considering the content of the material he was mad about, and assaulting a little girl, how would he deal with a Black, Asian, Hispanic cyclist? People out trying to be healthier have to deal with this ****? Find out who he is. Make him (in)famous
Likes For etherhuffer:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.