Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Which bike do you recomand?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-20, 01:45 PM
Cosmin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi,
I am looking to buy a new road bike.
I would like to mention that till now I was on MTB and I just want to move to road bike.
After some research, I was between some aero and endurance bike, but I will go for aero because I like the look more and I will ride it most of the time in the city on flat road.
I understood already that aero is more for experienced riders, but as I came from MTB I still have some good condition and hope after some rides to get comfortable with the bike. I am 30 yers old... so, hope will not regret the choice.

I have just tried in a bicycle shop race type and endurance and I could say, for me was not a really big difference on position.

As my budget is limited at around 2000-2300 Euro, I end up between the two bikes which I liked:

BIANCHI SPRINT - ULTEGRA 11SP COMPACTYPBR2 vs. Cento1AIR from Wilier Triestina

Which should I consider between these 2 bikes?

I am open to receive some alternatives if are in the same price range.

I would like to mention that I will ride the bike on flat road, as I am living in Bucharest, Romania.

And one more question for the end: Do you really think I am choosing wrong ? I mean, you think that I will not get comfortable with the race bike? There is a must to start with an endurance type?

Many thanks!

Stay safe!
Old 04-29-20, 02:49 PM
Tony P.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked 281 Times in 162 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you've done some homework but from what you've said, an endurance bike may be more for you. You correctly describe an aero bike as a race bike but don't mention a goal of racing. In addition, you mention wanting to ride in the city and, although I'm not familiar with biking in Bucharest, I don't associate cities with aero bikes. An endurance bike is designed for long rides and you should be able to ride for quite a while without issues.

In a nutshell, my suggestion is to decide between racing and endurance. If you want to pursue distance riding, choose the endurance bike. If racing is your goal, go with the aero.
Old 04-29-20, 02:55 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,810 Times in 3,318 Posts
I only question why you want a road bike for city riding. Road bikes are for for riding the open roads and riding for longer periods of time, regardless of whether you get a race fit or endurance fit. Not really the bike for stop and go city traffic, IMO. Though I know many do use them for that.

Why not a fat tire bike, cruiser or just a mountain bike?
Old 04-29-20, 08:19 PM
Don23

Bikes: 2019 Bianchi Oltre XR3 Disc DI2; 1975 Bianchi IDK what

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts
If you're really buying the bike to be an endurance rider or a race rider than go with the proper bike..but it sounds like you're more of a casual rider. If you're comfortable on the aero and like the look of the aero, go with the aero. It sounds like the aero bike is what you are excited about. In the end it's about personal preference. I ride an aero bike, I don't race, but I love the bike and just looking at it motivates me to ride and train. You don't want to buy the endurance bike and second guess your purchase every time you look at it. I recommend you buy the bike you're passionate about.
Old 04-29-20, 08:21 PM
Bigbus
Very Senior Member

Bikes: Giant Quasar & Fuji Roubaix

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked 343 Times in 244 Posts
Welcome to the forums. You can get good advice here, but ultimately it's your call. Only you know what kind of and how much riding you'll be doing on it. Good luck.
Old 04-30-20, 07:56 AM
Cosmin

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you for your answers and your time!
To be honest, I would need this bike for riding in more activities like: go to work, casual riding in the weekends and I will take in consideration to race maybe too (this is one of the reasons I push myself in to aero more).
As I am exited about aero, I will go with this choice and also I am thinking that will motivate me more.

I still don’t know what to choose between the 2 bikes: bianchi vs wilier.
I think I will go to wilier just for the disk brakes and I think 105 Shimano grouset is enough for what I need.

Thank you!
Old 04-30-20, 08:12 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Liked 586 Times in 440 Posts
Originally Posted by Cosmin
To be honest, I would need this bike for riding in more activities like: go to work, casual riding in the weekends and I will take in consideration to race maybe too (this is one of the reasons I push myself in to aero more).
As I am exited about aero, I will go with this choice and also I am thinking that will motivate me more.

I think I will go to wilier just for the disk brakes and I think 105 Shimano grouset is enough for what I need.

Thank you!
More than enough Go with the one you feel better on. Try it first. Don't buy impulsively.
Old 04-30-20, 11:24 AM
Don23

Bikes: 2019 Bianchi Oltre XR3 Disc DI2; 1975 Bianchi IDK what

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Cosmin

Thank you!
I'd go with Bianchi, but then again, I'm slightly biased