Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Eastern Canada
Reload this Page >

2020 Tour de Grand ride CANCELLED

Search
Notices
Eastern Canada New Brunswick | Newfoundland and Labrador | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-20, 05:19 AM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts

Just a note to let anyone interested know that the 2020 Tour de Grand recreational ride starting in Cambridge, Ontario is completely cancelled. It's not postphoned it's not happening at all this year. :<(

Cheers
Old 05-11-20, 05:36 AM
Dan Burkhart 

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 658 Times in 371 Posts
Originally Posted by Miele Man
Just a note to let anyone interested know that the 2020 Tour de Grand recreational ride starting in Cambridge, Ontario is completely cancelled. It's not postphoned it's not happening at all this year. :<(

Cheers
Is that the ride that Lance joined a few years back?
Old 05-11-20, 05:55 AM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Originally Posted by Dan Burkhart
Is that the ride that Lance joined a few years back?
I don't know if Lance ever came to Cambridge, Ontario, Canada and rode in their Tour de Grand. Despite the word 'Tour' in the name, it's a recreational ride not a race. Nor are the Tour de Dunville, the Tour de Guelph, Le Tour de Norfolk races despite the word 'Tour' in their names.

So far it's just the Tour de Grande and the Tour de Guelph that are cancelled although both are encouraging people to ride one of the routes on their own.

The Tour de Dunville is on the 15 and 16 of August, 2020 but is a ONE DAY tour.

The Tour de Norfolk is on the 19 of July, 2020.

All the above rides are in southern Ontario, Canada.

Cheers
Old 05-11-20, 06:37 AM
Dan Burkhart 

I don't know if Lance ever came to Cambridge, Ontario, Canada and rode in their Tour de Grand. Despite the word 'Tour' in the name, it's a recreational ride not a race. Nor are the Tour de Dunville, the Tour de Guelph, Le Tour de Norfolk races despite the word 'Tour' in their names.

So far it's just the Tour de Grande and the Tour de Guelph that are cancelled although both are encouraging people to ride one of the routes on their own.

The Tour de Dunville is on the 15 and 16 of August, 2020 but is a ONE DAY tour.

The Tour de Norfolk is on the 19 of July, 2020.

All the above rides are in southern Ontario, Canada.

Cheers
Lance joined an organized group ride that started in the Kitchener Cambridge area several years ago.I don't remember exactly what year it was, but on the day of the ride, my wife and I were having lunch on a riverside patio in Paris when we saw the peloton riding across the bridge.I knew at the time what the ride was called, but I don't remember now. The course generally followed the Grand, so it might be that one.
Edit: Found a link to the story
https://canadiancyclist.com/dailynews...ver%20Hospital
Old 05-11-20, 06:41 PM
Miele Man

Lance joined an organized group ride that started in the Kitchener Cambridge area several years ago.I don't remember exactly what year it was, but on the day of the ride, my wife and I were having lunch on a riverside patio in Paris when we saw the peloton riding across the bridge.I knew at the time what the ride was called, but I don't remember now. The course generally followed the Grand, so it might be that one.
Edit: Found a link to the story
Canadian Cyclist Ride with Lance Fundraiser for Grand River Hospital
I don't think that was the Tour de Grand. I don't know of any route on the Tour de Grand that goes through Paris, Ontario.

An aside. Before they change the name during WW1, you could ride from Berlin (now Kitchener) down t o Cambridge and then on to Paris the go on to London if you wanted to. Would look good on in a "Where did you ride today" thread post. LOL

Cheers
Old 05-11-20, 07:07 PM
Dan Burkhart 

I don't think that was the Tour de Grand. I don't know of any route on the Tour de Grand that goes through Paris, Ontario.

An aside. Before they change the name during WW1, you could ride from Berlin (now Kitchener) down t o Cambridge and then on to Paris the go on to London if you wanted to. Would look good on in a "Where did you ride today" thread post. LOL

Cheers
Yes, except there was no Cambridge in those days. I'm old enough to remember it as Galt, Preston and Hespler.
Old 05-11-20, 07:15 PM
Miele Man

Yes, except there was no Cambridge in those days. I'm old enough to remember it as Galt, Preston and Hespler.
That's true. So now you can ride from Cambridge to paris and then on to London all in one day. It's still look cool in a "Where did you ride today" thread post. LOL

Cheers
Likes For Miele Man:
Old 05-11-20, 08:48 PM
clasher

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 148 Times in 103 Posts
That's true. So now you can ride from Cambridge to paris and then on to London all in one day. It's still look cool in a "Where did you ride today" thread post. LOL
You can also head over to Washington, and then stop in Lisbon on the same the ride, they aren't far away from Kitchener. Brussels is out near Listowel as well!
Old 05-11-20, 09:01 PM
Miele Man

Originally Posted by clasher
You can also head over to Washington, and then stop in Lisbon on the same the ride, they aren't far away from Kitchener. Brussels is out near Listowel as well!
Sounds like the making of a grand tour but done in just one day. Sounds a lot like the Stompin' Tom Connors song "BIG JOE MUFFERLAW". LOL

Cheers