Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Seeking Advice!

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Seeking Advice!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-21, 08:03 PM
Foxie
Foxie

Bikes: Pacific Cachet MTB 21 Speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Seeking Advice!

Hey y'all. I have a Pacific Cachet mountain bike with a TD One Tourque Drive System rear derailleur. It has been giving me issues as of late and I am thinking it may be in need of replacing. I have no idea where to even begin to do that and be on a budget. I am a newly divorced mom of a very soon-to-be Senior in high school. Jobs here are many, however, getting hired is rather difficult to accomplish. So, needless to say money is very tight. Any and all advice is welcome. I ride or walk everywhere to get around. Much thanks to everyone in advance! It is much and greatly appreciated!!! 😁

Last edited by Foxie; 05-12-21 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 05-12-21, 10:22 PM
2cam16

Bikes: TRIMMED DOWN THE HERD

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1092 Post(s)
Liked 936 Times in 601 Posts
Please be more specific of the issues. Most of the time all it might need is some adjustments and not replacement.
Old 05-14-21, 10:44 AM
milesf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Foxie
Hey y'all. I have a Pacific Cachet mountain bike with a TD One Tourque Drive System rear derailleur. It has been giving me issues as of late and I am thinking it may be in need of replacing. I have no idea where to even begin to do that and be on a budget. I am a newly divorced mom of a very soon-to-be Senior in high school. Jobs here are many, however, getting hired is rather difficult to accomplish. So, needless to say money is very tight. Any and all advice is welcome. I ride or walk everywhere to get around. Much thanks to everyone in advance! It is much and greatly appreciated!!! 😁
Take it into your local bike shop and explain the issues to them. I have had some stuff like this but never needed to replace any parts. Usually they just needed to be adjusted a bit and the money you might spend at the bike shop will be waaaay less than replacing the rear derailleur.
Old 05-15-21, 07:14 AM
biker128pedal

Bikes: 2022 Fuel EX 8, 2021 Domane SL6, Black Beta (Nashbar frame), 2004 Trek 1000C for the trainer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked 447 Times in 266 Posts
Pictures may help and some details on the problem. Like the derailleur hits the spokes or it won’t stay in one gear. As others say it may need adjustment. There are many YouTube videos which will help. Or at least help communicate the problem. Here is a Google search. Watch a few videos.

https://www.google.com/search?q=td+o...ile-gws-wiz-hp