Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

A call to those who serve...BF Members in The Military.

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

A call to those who serve...BF Members in The Military.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-14, 08:05 AM
gc3
Falls Downalot

Bikes: Now I Got Two

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghazmh
1-10 Cav 4th Infantry Division. My favorite jersey is my Primal Wear US Army jersey. All my bikes have a 4th ID decal
I got this one...enjoy the winter in Colorado Springs!

Old 01-07-14, 08:36 AM
gc3
Falls Downalot

Bikes: Now I Got Two

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey 41-ers, throw a few dollars at this to help disabled servicemen and women ride....

This April 25-27, I am participating in an inspiring event honoring our nation’s servicemen and women, particularly those with disabilities. You have a unique opportunity to help me celebrate their service to our nation.

The 2014 Face of America Ride is an annual bicycle ride from World T.E.A.M. Sports, a not-for profit organization that celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2013. This two-day bike ride from the Pentagon at our Nation’s Capital to the historic battlefields of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania honors our military - veterans and active duty, disabled and able-bodied — and the true American Spirit.

Like all World T.E.A.M. Sports events, the Face of America brings together disabled and non-disabled athletes to provide inspiration to all Americans. Everybody is encouraged to join as a participant in this immensely satisfying event. If you can’t join me in participating, you can still show your support for our disabled servicemen and women by making a contribution. As a participant, I have agreed to raise funds through my ride. You can make a contribution to support me by clicking on this web link.

There is no charge for any disabled servicemen or women to ride. Your donation will be applied to paying their event costs, including accommodations, food, bikes and other associated expenses. Other donations and sponsorship support will cover the costs of the event.

World T.E.A.M. Sports is a registered 501(c)(3) organization, so donations are tax deductible to the limit permitted by law. The organization's federal tax identification number is 56-1827893. Learn more about World T.E.A.M. Sports' finances, including past IRS 990 forms, at https://worldteamsports.org/about-us/financials/.

Thanks!
Old 01-07-14, 10:08 AM
Ghazmh

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease, 2020 Seven Evergreen, 2019 Honey Allroads Ti, 2018 Seven Redsky XX, 2017 Trek Boon 7, 2014 Trek 520

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 487 Posts
thats the one
Old 01-10-14, 08:32 AM
redcon1

Bikes: Focus Arriba, Specialized Roubaix Expert, Bianchi Impulso Allroad

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 53 Posts
I picked up this one as one of my Christmas presents from my lovely wife.
Kind of cheesy, but I'll wear it with Army Pride!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
525_pri9j2_0.jpg (51.0 KB, 347 views)
Old 01-10-14, 07:41 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Nothing cheesy about that jerseysoldier. You earned the right to wear it and having a Ranger tab tells me a whole lot. Thank you for your service, sir.

Anyone a Wounded Warrior jersey recipient here? That is my one charity to support now, a good organization helping deserving men and women back into their life as fully as possible. Our club tries to support them with a ride each year.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Old 01-11-14, 11:44 AM
Germany_chris
I’m a little Surly

Bikes: Two Cross Checks, a Karate Monkey, a Disc Trucker, and a VO Randonneur

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 1,294 Times in 647 Posts
It's cheezy..
Old 01-22-14, 12:08 PM
redcon1

Bikes: Focus Arriba, Specialized Roubaix Expert, Bianchi Impulso Allroad

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Germany_chris
It's cheezy..
yep, the camo is what throws it off, I would have preferred a solid black with sudbued army logo but that wouldn't be great for a road jersey.

Bill, I am going to try to volunteer for the Baltimore WWP ride this year, I'd love to ride with those guys!
Old 01-22-14, 01:00 PM
Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Just watched Seal Team Six while doing my power test on the trainer. Thanks to everyone over there, and around the world.
Old 04-21-14, 11:42 PM
adeucegolf

Bikes: 2006 Specialized Allez Expert, 2012 Specialized Secteur Comp Apex, 2013 Raleigh Talon 29er

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is my favorite Jersey. I was 3/89 Cav 4BCT 10th MTN for 5 years, have been 2/108 Cav 256 Inf BCT (La National Guard) for the last five.
Attached Images
Old 04-24-14, 05:31 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Great jersey, we should never forget the POW's and never stop the searching for answers.

Bill

Old 06-10-14, 01:57 AM
RamahX

Bikes: Lemond Buenos Aires

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We are a 100% military family, wife was Navy, and all three of our kids are/were active duty - one daughter Navy and is out now, another on USS Anchorage, and son is a Calvary Scout with 4th ID. I was 21 years in the U.S. Coast Guard. Retired Chief. Started riding off and on since '93.
-Semper Paratus
Old 07-11-14, 01:00 PM
Sailor73 

Bikes: Scott CR1 Pro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings! I just retired after 23 years (Army and then Coast Guard). I have more time to dedicate to road cycling after a long hiatus. Thank you to all who have/are serving.
Old 07-27-14, 04:28 PM
Jesse101

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is awesome! have been in the Air Force for 16 years..its great to see some support for military members deploying! Thank you everybody that continues to support.
Old 08-03-14, 12:09 PM
pearcem

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey all, just under 5 years in the Marine Corps. Thank to all who have served, are serving, and your families.

I know this is a little off topic, but I figured this was the best audience, and it's one more way to help those who serve. I am doing a gravel grinder as a fundraiser for the Semper Fi Fund, a great wounded warrior charity. If you think you might even be interested in donating, you can read a bit more about the charity at my post in the "charity events" sub forum, here: https://www.bikeforums.net/charity-ev...r-charity.html

Every little bit helps, Thanks again!

S/F
Old 08-14-14, 08:10 AM
cicli_masi
TEAM GARMIN-SHARP

Bikes: MASI Gran Criterium

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Eight years Coast Guard here. Thanks to all who serve.
Old 08-17-14, 04:24 PM
Sexy_Lugs

Bikes: WebbWorks Bamboo Thai Silk, Motobacane Ti, Trek Remedy 9

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Been a long time BF'r, can't remember if I have posted on this forum yet... However been in for 11 years, USMC, currently deployed to Australia. Can't wait to get home and ride all my bikes, my road bike, the tandem with the wife, and ride with the son.
Old 08-18-14, 06:37 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Originally Posted by Sexy_Lugs
Been a long time BF'r, can't remember if I have posted on this forum yet... However been in for 11 years, USMC, currently deployed to Australia. Can't wait to get home and ride all my bikes, my road bike, the tandem with the wife, and ride with the son.
Semper Fi, brother, stick around here, and when you get back home post some pics when you ride with wife and son.

Bill

Old 08-20-14, 04:10 PM
Sexy_Lugs

Bikes: WebbWorks Bamboo Thai Silk, Motobacane Ti, Trek Remedy 9

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
Semper Fi, brother, stick around here, and when you get back home post some pics when you ride with wife and son.

Bill
Thanks bill, and def will do... only two months left...
Old 09-23-14, 12:30 PM
jrossbeck

Bikes: '14 Trek Madone 2.1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thought this might be a good place to put this. While out on my ride today, I was nearby the local airport, and headed the opposite way was a convoy of military transport and cargo vehicles. I'm guessing they picked up from the airport. Maybe 15 vehicles in total, I didn't know what else to do but give them all a big thumbs up as they passed by. From what I could see through the windshields every vehicle waved or gave a thumbs up in return. Coming from a military family (I did not serve, but father and grandfather did) I appreciate all you brave gentleman do and/or did for this beloved country. God Bless You All.
Old 10-02-14, 09:22 PM
Drag
Cardiac Case

Bikes: Trek, Cannondale, Litespeed, Lynskey

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thank you to all who served! You're all heroes!
Old 10-02-14, 09:53 PM
jwarner
Fahrradfahrer

Bikes: n+1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lazyass
I was US Army Active for 24 years, '86-'10. Infantryman, most of my career was in the 82nd Airborne. Panama, Desert Storm, OIF three tours, OEF one tour. In one month I'll have been retired two years. Seems like I'm just on a long PCS leave.
Eighty-Duece on the loose. No sky too high. No blast too fast. You call we fall. When it absolutely positively has to be destroyed overnight.

Spent some time in 307th Eng. when they were still with the Division. We walked some of the same ground Brother. Been out for quite awhile, and always miss putting my feet and knees in the breeze. Thanks for your service. Same to all the others on here who served or are serving.

I don't get any cycling mags or anything, but if anyone deployed is in need, drop me a line. I'll do what I can.
Old 10-03-14, 04:03 AM
Lazyass

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 2432 Post(s)
Liked 638 Times in 395 Posts
Originally Posted by jwarner
Eighty-Duece on the loose. No sky too high. No blast too fast. You call we fall. When it absolutely positively has to be destroyed overnight.

Spent some time in 307th Eng. when they were still with the Division. We walked some of the same ground Brother. Been out for quite awhile, and always miss putting my feet and knees in the breeze. Thanks for your service. Same to all the others on here who served or are serving.

I don't get any cycling mags or anything, but if anyone deployed is in need, drop me a line. I'll do what I can.
When I retired I moved back home to D/FW for three years and 6 months ago I moved to Laurinburg to be near my daughter. Once a week I drive up to Bragg to ride the Plank Rd/Manchester 50 mile loop for some hills. Bragg is the only place I feel at home. Kind of sucks because I'm in awesome shape 100% ready to deploy again. This pic is at the south end of Sicily drop zone where the Longstreet Rd hardball ends. I just sit here and stare at the DZ, I know every inch of it.

Old 10-03-14, 10:45 AM
jwarner
Fahrradfahrer

Bikes: n+1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lazyass
When I retired I moved back home to D/FW for three years and 6 months ago I moved to Laurinburg to be near my daughter. Once a week I drive up to Bragg to ride the Plank Rd/Manchester 50 mile loop for some hills. Bragg is the only place I feel at home. Kind of sucks because I'm in awesome shape 100% ready to deploy again. This pic is at the south end of Sicily drop zone where the Longstreet Rd hardball ends. I just sit here and stare at the DZ, I know every inch of it.
I know what you mean. They weren't kidding when they used to say, "Once in Division, always in Division." I've sat here to trying to describe what it was like to be part of Division at Planet Bragg. I've decided it is impossible, but I know I've missed the place, people, and my "job" since I left. The Plank Rd./Manchester loop ride sounds nice, as does sitting in the shade of a tree looking out of Sicily DZ. Kind of a different perspective when one has time to sit and contemplate I guess. Whole lot of history on that piece of ground.
Old 10-20-14, 10:22 AM
floridamtb

Bikes: Trek Emonda SL6, Trek Madone 4.5, Trek X-Caliber

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Yesterday I rode the EBC Century at Homestead Miami Speedway to benefit wounded veterans (obtain hand cycles etc). I took the opportunity to honor my fellow P-3 Aircrews that are still on patrol. I was also carrying with me a flag given to me by my 2nd generation AW son who is also a rescue swimmer.

Old 10-20-14, 06:03 PM
granolaeeter

Bikes: Trek Domane, Specialized Epic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice thread. Thanks for keeping it alive for so long. It is good to know that people remember that military members are still there and still serving. Also appreciate that people remember that women also serve. I started in 1978 and, after raising two kids, went back in and still serve today. Thanks for your support.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.