Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello From Iowa

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-20, 09:30 AM
Pugs2xLove

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 66 Posts
Hello From Iowa

My name is Andrew. I was a casual bike rider for a couple of years mainly on weekends before commuting to work. Now I ride as much as possible and with the weather being nicer, I'd like to make it a daily habit. I find that I am much happier and less irritable on a bike and getting exercise at the same time. I recently bought a bike stand and a tool kit and am learning to do basic maintenance on it so any insights and tips are appreciated and welcomed.
Old 05-03-20, 09:36 AM
Olefeller77 

Bikes: Trek Marlin 6 29r - Scattanti road bike w carbon fork - Trek 6500 - Univega Alpina 503 - Specialized Sworks M4 made in USA

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 57 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Old 05-03-20, 01:14 PM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Howdy!
Old 05-04-20, 01:04 PM
HeyItsSara
Meet me at spin class!!!!

Bikes: Precor recumbant indoor bike, Stages bike at Equinox gym

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 53 Posts
welcome!
Old 05-04-20, 02:38 PM
billas

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome!
Old 05-05-20, 03:34 PM
MartinCrudo

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pugs2xLove
My name is Andrew. I was a casual bike rider for a couple of years mainly on weekends before commuting to work. Now I ride as much as possible and with the weather being nicer, I'd like to make it a daily habit. I find that I am much happier and less irritable on a bike and getting exercise at the same time. I recently bought a bike stand and a tool kit and am learning to do basic maintenance on it so any insights and tips are appreciated and welcomed.

You wouldn’t happen to be from the DSM area by any chance? My wife and I love visiting DSM from Omaha. Great city!
Old 05-05-20, 04:55 PM
Pugs2xLove

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by MartinCrudo
You wouldn’t happen to be from the DSM area by any chance? My wife and I love visiting DSM from Omaha. Great city!
I used to live in the DSM area for 15 plus years until our basement got flooded out (2nd time in 10 years). The City of DSM decided to buy out our house to fix the sewer system and we relocated to Warren County. Loved the new house and our new neighborhood. My part-time job takes me to Omaha (love the zoo and amenities there) from time to time but due to the shutdown, we've been staying away for over a month or so. Hope to get back soon because I do miss it.
Old 05-06-20, 09:14 AM
MartinCrudo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pugs2xLove
I used to live in the DSM area for 15 plus years until our basement got flooded out (2nd time in 10 years). The City of DSM decided to buy out our house to fix the sewer system and we relocated to Warren County. Loved the new house and our new neighborhood. My part-time job takes me to Omaha (love the zoo and amenities there) from time to time but due to the shutdown, we've been staying away for over a month or so. Hope to get back soon because I do miss it.
Got ya. Yeah, looking forward to the pandemic winding down and things going back to normal!
Old 05-08-20, 07:30 AM
thedude1280

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome! And completely agree. Looking forward to getting back - hope this isn't the normal for much longer.