Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used the Clement Strada USH?

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-16, 05:30 AM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts

This 700x32 could be an ideal 70/30 road/gravel tire, as long as the gravel is firm.

Strada USH | Clement Cycling, Cyclocross Tires, Adventure Tires, Mountain Bike Tires, Road Bike Tires
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.

Last edited by Barrettscv; 08-19-16 at 05:36 AM.
Old 08-19-16, 07:11 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,699 Times in 2,519 Posts
It's probably a great tire for the use you propose. People in This thread seem happy with their clements. Lots of people report success on gravel with road tires. I don't really see the advantage of an off-road tread for gravel use. Mountain bike tires are a different matter altogether, knobs are useful there. Since I live in a rock garden, a larger size and robust sidewalls are pretty important to me. And if there aren't enough natural rocks, the Dept. of Natural Resources goes out and dumps more. But when I lived in the mountains of Virginia, I used to ride my road bike on the gravel roads. I've seen lots of roads like that, no maintenance and not much gravel to be found.
Old 08-19-16, 09:00 AM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
Yeah, I've been using a nearly slick 700x32 Vittoria Voyager Hyper with great results on firm level gravel. It's light, fast and supple with good flat protection, see: Vittoria Voyager Hyper Rolling Resistance Review

I have the Compass Barlow Pass on my vintage PX10. Nice tire but more fragile than the Hyper and more expensive.

I'd like the same construction and weight of the Hyper but without the reflective sidewall and with a micro textured tread pattern. The 120 tpi Strada USH matches that requirement.
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.

Last edited by Barrettscv; 08-19-16 at 09:23 AM.