Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

NAME THIS fuel bottle holder for bottle cage lugs

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-20, 12:15 AM
petetheteach

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been sorting through my now vintage cycle touring kit and found this item attached to a sign water bottle/fuel bottle. Beautifully fashioned out of stainless steel and surprisingly low weight, it has two springs that have three square holes either side so that it can be adjusted to suit different sized bottles of various diameters. It used to be advertised in the Cycle Touring Club's magazine but I can't remember the name of the manufacturer. The trouble is, I don't seem to have the part(s) that attaches it to the bicycle frame. If anybody could help by sending me a picture of that part, then I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks awfully.
Old 07-04-20, 09:26 AM
SafetyThird

Bikes: Trek 6000, Titanflex

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Sounds like the BikeBuddy https://www.bikebuddy.co.uk
Old 07-05-20, 07:52 AM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Welcome! If you've kept ancient bike junk for this long you sound like one of us.