Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Strava iphone app losing GPS signal

Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Old 07-13-12, 07:48 AM
MK313

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Has anyone else had problems with Strava losing GPS signal on their iphone (or other phone)? I used Strava along with Endomondo a while back. I ended up going with endomondo & then more recently bike brain. I also use the Nike+ app for running (in the same areas that I use the Strava app for biking). Just this week, Is witched back to Strava for biking & it has errored out 3 times out of 10 rides. When I get home, there is an error message, something about Strava having issues with the GPS signal, and the rides cut out and stop recording.

This has only hapened in strava, all of the other apps work fine riding the exact same routes, sitting in the exact same pocket of my shorts. I would assume that all of the apps have access to the exact same GPS data from the phone, so I'm kind of surprised to see issues with only one app.
Old 07-13-12, 11:14 AM
dimachka

Bikes: Giant TCX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm having very similar issues with my Strava for Android app. It is very frustrating to get to the end of a ride and realize it has not recorded more than the first few miles. I am actually strongly considering getting a garmin GPS unit because of this, since I want cadence and heart rate information as well anyway.