Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Fuji Absolute 1.7 w/ E-bike Kit

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-16, 09:28 AM
boxcarracer

Bikes: BMW Cruiser E-Bike (Brilliant White), Fuji Absolute 1.7 2015 R.I.P(Stolen)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I bought this Fuji Bike about 1 year ago while I was living in Virginia. Could not use it there as much as I wanted too but I moved to NY where it's really the only option. I've been cycling to work for about a week which is about 4.2 miles and mostly flat. Everyone tells me I am lazing for doing this, I just think they are just jealous.

I looked around (googled) for someone who may have retrofitted my Model Bike to Electric but no luck. Maybe I did not try hard enough so I am making this so one day someone may stumble upon this.

Bike: Absolute 1.7 2015 Model
Fuji Absolute 1.7 Flat Bar Road Bike - 2014

Electric Conversion Kit: Rear Wheel 12-26 MILE RANGE 28 MPH W/ 48V LIFEPO4 BATTERY Performance E-Bike Kit.
28MPH Rear 500w Geared Conversion Kit w/ 48v 10ah LiFePO4 Lithium Battery | E-BikeKit?

Accessories:
Front Hotshot 400 Lumens Light
Rear Hotshot 250 Lumens Light

*More I am sure in the upcoming months, if anyone has any recommended add ons....please share.

I ordered it on Wednesday in the morning and somehow it got here the next day, super happy about that. I work very closely with electric vehicles and systems so I asked one of my techs to perform the retrofit. All went well until we were installing the wheel. Looks very unsafe and not secure so we stopped and now I have an appointment with a local Electric Bike shop. Hopefully they can make it safe enough to ride. Today is Friday and my installation date is Monday. I will be updating this when new information is available.

Once again if anyone has any feedback suggestions etc please share! Thanks hope you guys enjoy this build! I know I am !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20160324_195051.jpg (97.2 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by boxcarracer; 03-25-16 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-05-16, 09:54 AM
boxcarracer

Bikes: BMW Cruiser E-Bike (Brilliant White), Fuji Absolute 1.7 2015 R.I.P(Stolen)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please close thread, the Bike was unable to accept the wheel. The axle was too large for the frame....has to be returned. Wasted $165 on installation and now 15% + Shipping and Handling ($1500.00). F*ck this project.