Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Here I go again

Old 07-15-19, 07:41 AM
bbeasley
Cat 5 field stuffer

Bikes: Wabi Lightning RE, Wabi Classic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Here I go again

Oh geez, started on this forum about 5 years ago. Began at 240 road my butt off down to 189 over 3 years. Never learned to eat right but did fall in love with cycling.
Life intervened, quit cycling and this May I was at 254 and now pre diabetic. This time it's cycling for fun and eating for weight loss. Currently 220 with help from an awesome MD.
I've been stalking here several weeks and einstruzende's post pushed me to the keyboard.

Big Hi to all my old friends!
Likes For bbeasley:
Old 07-15-19, 02:50 PM
OldCruiser

Bikes: Most of my bikes are Single Speed Conversions

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 3,067 Times in 1,015 Posts
Congrats on your restart and your progress .
Im a returnee myself . Over the last four years I’ve tried to start over , but it didn’t last . I didn’t see any progress when I first started like I had before .
Two week ago I told myself I’m going to do it this time .
I was 292 when I started , and two days ago I got up enough nerve to get on the scales and it read 286 . That gave me the hope that this time I can do it .
I was low 240’s fours years ago , up from where I’d lost to 225 .
Right now that 225 is my goal .
its reading of others progress that keeps me going . Kirby
Old 07-21-19, 04:43 AM
tim24k

Bikes: To many to list. I like them all!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
Don’t feel bad. I had a double hart bypass and I put back on 50lb so here I go again. I’m back down 30lb but I hope to shed 40lb more. Hang in there we can do it!

Originally Posted by bbeasley
Oh geez, started on this forum about 5 years ago. Began at 240 road my butt off down to 189 over 3 years. Never learned to eat right but did fall in love with cycling.
Life intervened, quit cycling and this May I was at 254 and now pre diabetic. This time it's cycling for fun and eating for weight loss. Currently 220 with help from an awesome MD.
I've been stalking here several weeks and einstruzende's post pushed me to the keyboard.

Old 07-21-19, 10:56 AM
Kedosto
Callipygian Connoisseur

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts

Just so you know, we got tired of waiting for you around here so we just kept going without you. Welcome back.

-Kedosto
Old 07-21-19, 01:37 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 441 Times in 314 Posts

34 pound weight loss since May is quite dramatic. I applaud your relatively quick turnaround.

Fun (riding) and eating for weight loss sounds great. I love the way that cycling “fun” increases once you do the early season work and are into the regular cycling season. Keep it fun! This will increase the likelihood that you won’t “relapse” into sedentary ways and thus gaining the weight back.
Old 07-21-19, 02:45 PM
bbeasley
Cat 5 field stuffer

Bikes: Wabi Lightning RE, Wabi Classic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kedosto
Just so you know, we got tired of waiting for you around here so we just kept going without you. Welcome back.

-Kedosto
Hahaha, Thanks! I'm on a mission this time. Quick trip to sub 200. However, I've learned at least one lesson. This time I'm staying on this forum .

218 today. Down 36 lbs in 81 days

For me 199 isn't much to brag about other than being below the dreaded 200. I'm 5' 7", so my initial goal is 180.
Old 07-22-19, 06:29 PM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
Well, welcome back.
Old 07-28-19, 09:47 AM
bbeasley
Cat 5 field stuffer