Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Garmin replaced my Vivoactive!

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Old 08-20-19, 08:45 AM
autonomy

Bikes: 2012 Canondale Synapse 105, 2017 REI Co-Op ADV 3.1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 133 Posts

I had a Vivoactive HR that I used VERY heavily and very often to track my outdoor activities. At about 4 years old the screen died all of a sudden. The watch would turn on, connect to my phone, receive notifications and vibrate, but even at the odd times the screen showed anything it wouldn't respond to touch. I was going to write it off as another disposable piece in today's age of electronics but then a coworker told me that he received 2 replacement mouses from Logitech and even though it's not the same company or even the same type of device, to contact Garmin anyway.

So I did - to at least see how much it would cost to get it fixed. To my surprise the website told me I would be receiving a replacement device and gave me a pre-paid shipping label to ship my defective watch. Within 10 days I received a refurbished but brand-new looking replacement and it's been working fine! Very surprised - and pleased - to see a company stand behind their product like that.

If you look REALLY close you can see an imperfection on the bottom left, but it's of no bother to me, it'll look worse than that in a month.

This was the website, https://my.garmin.com/rma/en-US/repair/repairLanding