Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Wahoo Tickr & Tickr X intermittency

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-23, 01:00 PM
Barry2 
LR÷P=HR

Bikes: 1981 Holdsworth Special, 1993 C-dale MT3000 & 1996 F700CAD3, 2018 Cervelo R3 & 2022 R5, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 867 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 694 Posts

I've both a Tickr & a TickR X both with broken battery doors causing Bluetooth intermittency.
The Gen 1 devices I have don't have this issue, just the Gen 2's
The 3 clips on the Gen2 door itself seem to be a weak point.
Contacted Wahoo & they don't sell replacement doors, but did offer a (not so good) discount. (EDIT: discount was on a new HRM)

There are 3rd party 3D printed doors for sale, but quality seem to vary judging by the photos.

Has anyone used a 3D replacement and/or can recommend a source ?

Thanks

Barry

Last edited by Barry2; 10-30-23 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-30-23, 04:03 PM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2604 Post(s)
Liked 1,934 Times in 1,213 Posts
Not sure what a (not so good) discount on the battery door is. I replaced my last Wahoo Tickr with a Livlov HRM for $25. Not recommending the brand, just look on Amazon for a bluetooth or ANT+ HRM.
Old 10-30-23, 04:17 PM
Barry2 
LR÷P=HR

Bikes: 1981 Holdsworth Special, 1993 C-dale MT3000 & 1996 F700CAD3, 2018 Cervelo R3 & 2022 R5, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 867 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 694 Posts
pdlamb
Discount was for a new Wahoo HRM, they don't/wont sell or provide just the door.

Purchasing a new HRM is not a problem, many to choose from.... I just don't wish to dispose of two fully functional HRMs just because Wahoo won't provide (or sell) me a $0.30 plastic door.

Barry
Old 10-31-23, 10:01 AM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2604 Post(s)
Liked 1,934 Times in 1,213 Posts
Originally Posted by Barry2
pdlamb
Discount was for a new Wahoo HRM, they don't/wont sell or provide just the door.

Purchasing a new HRM is not a problem, many to choose from.... I just don't wish to dispose of two fully functional HRMs just because Wahoo won't provide (or sell) me a $0.30 plastic door.

Barry
How twentieth century of you!

I can commiserate, I hate to throw something out just because a small part isn't available. Though my worst recent experience was giving up on a 50-60 year old stove, still fully functional, and having to get a new one. Why? Because the oven switch snapped off, and they don't make them or have them in stock any more. I got tired of using a pair of pliers to turn the oven on or off. 100 pounds of steel to the recycle yard because I couldn't get a one ounce part.