Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

Raleigh SuperCourse 1973, 25", $200

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-18, 09:34 AM
werdigo49

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Plenty of views at $250 but no buyers... let's try a bit less.

This SuperCourse was really too large for me (25" frame) but I couldn't resist it about 15 years ago. I put 850 miles on it, mostly my standard hilly 23-mile route (once hit 48 mph on a narrow twisty downhill with blind entrances, yikes). It tracks fine no-handed, as I recall. Of course I replaced the tires (with Vittoria Zaffiro, 27 x 1-1/4"). The wheels are Weinmann and look like steel (I think they're original). The front derailleur is the original Simplex, but I broke the original plastic Simplex rear derailleur and, at the advice of a bicycle-forum expert, replaced it with a SunTour Vista which works fine. I always found the Brooks B17 to be comfortable, even after my vigorous 23-miler.

Here are a few photos, taken a few weeks ago.

I recently bought a new road bike and do not have space or inclination to be a bicycle collector. There are some scratches and an area on a chainstay with worn-off paint. I left the toe clips on, but removed other accessories I'd used when riding.

I'm in Towson MD, a northern suburb of Baltimore. $200.

--werdigo49@yahoo.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Side.JPG (125.6 KB, 435 views)
Head.JPG (122.7 KB, 423 views)
Top-down-tubes.JPG (123.8 KB, 420 views)
Seat-tube.JPG (111.7 KB, 419 views)
Derailleur.JPG (121.5 KB, 418 views)

Last edited by werdigo49; 04-03-18 at 02:07 PM. Reason: add email address
Old 01-13-19, 12:24 AM
SilverSteve

Bikes: 2003 Iron Horse comfort bike (daily rider); 1981(?) Raleigh Super Grand Prix 25.5", 1983 Raleigh Super Course, 25.5", Austro-Daimler Inter 10, 1988 Trek 560 25.5"; 1986 Peugeot Mont Cenis 64cm.; more to come

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by werdigo49
Plenty of views at $250 but no buyers... let's try a bit less.

This SuperCourse was really too large for me (25" frame) but I couldn't resist it about 15 years ago. I put 850 miles on it, mostly my standard hilly 23-mile route (once hit 48 mph on a narrow twisty downhill with blind entrances, yikes). It tracks fine no-handed, as I recall. Of course I replaced the tires (with Vittoria Zaffiro, 27 x 1-1/4"). The wheels are Weinmann and look like steel (I think they're original). The front derailleur is the original Simplex, but I broke the original plastic Simplex rear derailleur and, at the advice of a bicycle-forum expert, replaced it with a SunTour Vista which works fine. I always found the Brooks B17 to be comfortable, even after my vigorous 23-miler.

Here are a few photos, taken a few weeks ago.

I recently bought a new road bike and do not have space or inclination to be a bicycle collector. There are some scratches and an area on a chainstay with worn-off paint. I left the toe clips on, but removed other accessories I'd used when riding.

I'm in Towson MD, a northern suburb of Baltimore. $200.

--werdigo49@yahoo.com
Greetings,
I'm writing to ask if you'd still have that Raleigh SuperCourse road bike for sale there in Towson, MD., per your posting on the Bike Forums site, a green color model with a larger size frame.

Regards,

Stephen

Boston
Old 06-11-19, 08:40 AM
samstoia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still available?