Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Converting a Cyclone 3000watt PLANETARY GEAR BOX mid-drive motor to side mount

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-18, 08:42 AM
fabieville

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a Cyclone 24v-72v 3000watt PLANETARY GEAR BOX 300-900RPM mid-drive motor that I want to convert to a side mount drive. I am currently running the motor on 24v on the original mid drive setup powering from off a 24v 30ah Li-ion battery kit.

My current ratio setup is a double chainring setup each equip with 48T and the motor drive sprocket is 14T. The chainrings drives a 14T freewheeI on the bicycle rear wheel. I get about 45kmh on a flat terrain with my weight approx. 160lbs. The torque level now is quite great as I can climb very steep hills but at a fairly low speed and my speed on flat is relatively fast.

I am hoping to match back this same performance but if I am to choose between more speed or more torque I would choose more speed as I commute on mostly flat terrains.

Can someone please tell me what ratio I should use when converting to a side mount drive on the rear wheel.
I want to know what size sprocket in terms of teeth size would be best to put on the motor drive shaft and on the rear wheel to match back the same performance I have now or even better if possible? As I said before I am more going for speed or more speed and it would be nice to still have some torque to climb hill even if I have to do a little pedal assist now and then.