Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

My Quest For Speed

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

My Quest For Speed

Old 05-10-18, 11:10 AM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by turkey9186
Come out to Lake Tahoe where is easy on several hills in the area to hit 50MPH plus. It is possible to hit 65 MPH on the east side descent of Monitor pass on Hwy 89.
High altitude, high temperatures, and low humidity equal thin air. (That is why several hour record attempts have been made in Mexico city.) Hit the right weather conditions on the five mile Sierra downhills and it is all fun and games. Well, until you hit a pebble at 55.
Yup. I've hit the speed limit many times on Brockway. Of course, you'll still get some jackwagon in a Suburban trying to pass you.
Old 05-11-18, 07:59 AM
turkey9186

Bikes: 2014 CDale EVO, 2007 System Six, 2004 Litespeed Solano, 2002 Burley Duet

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
Yup. I've hit the speed limit many times on Brockway. Of course, you'll still get some jackwagon in a Suburban trying to pass you.
I love the Harley riders that can't do over 15 in a 20 MPH corner on Mt Diablo, but will not let you pass. Stuck doing 15 MPh and having your eardrums blown out from the straight pipes.