Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

You guys ever been chased?

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Old 09-23-03, 02:10 PM
Dazza
XtC Addict

Bikes: Giant XtC SE3 Bianchi Gold Race 600 Triple Barracuda Overload

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The other day on a ride with my mate, we came to a field after bombing down the side of this sweet mountian. There are bulls in it, and we start going through it anyway, and im like, ok dont run, if they come towards you run at them and make as much noise as possible. Well what does he do, takes off, and so they run, and then i start givin it the dixie. We barely make it away and we are scared ****less, but laughing anyway.

Today, god it was so funny, we did the same route, and ended up in the same feild, and they come over but we decide to stay and see what the hell they want, they just sniff around, and so we take off again, and get chased AGAIN, this time there are three of us, and we are pretty spread out, i look back and the bulls are chasing the other two, so i stop and erupt with laugter, and the looks on the other two guys faces could have made anyone laugh, we get away anyway, splattered with cowdirt and laughing all the harder.

We get like 200metres down the road and this tractor starts chasing us, we take off yet again, and lose him after like 5 miles, so funny.

Anyway just wondering if any of you guys have had similar experiences?
Old 09-23-03, 02:18 PM
Stubacca

Bikes: '03 Fuji Roubaix Pro; '03 KleinGi Attitude; '06 Soma Rush; '04 Surly Cross-Check; '06 Soma Rush; '07 Scott CR1 / Chorus

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Dazza
i look back and the bulls are chasing the other two, so i stop and erupt with laugter
hehe... reminds of the joke about the law of the jungle....

Two guys were hiking through the jungle when they spotted a tiger who looked both hungry and fast. One of the guys reached into his pack and pulled out a pair of Nikes. His friend looked at him.

''Do you really think those shoes are going to make you run faster than that tiger?''

''I don't have to run faster than that tiger,'' his friend replied. ''I just have to run faster than you.''

Back on the topic, I haven't been chased by anything or anyone in a long time. I did have a coyote join me a few weeks ago on the trail, running alongside me, but he was only interested in some of the other wildlife that was moving about. He found what he wanted and scurried up the hill to feast.
Old 09-23-03, 06:29 PM
copper RS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Souns like some one was trespassing!
Old 09-23-03, 08:32 PM
iamthetas

Bikes: Devinci Guzzler, 04 Canadian version

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i was chased by a ford ranger a couple of weeks ago.the dumb head did not see me on the trail was drunk and looking for a good time .i cut right off the trail onto another one and this dude who did not see me(yeah right)tried to do the same .the humor came when he got stuck to his axles.did i mention this was single track and he had 2 wheel drive.he tore up the trail pretty bad and i dont know (and dont care) how he got out just know 2 days later the truck was gone.the trails are now in real bad shape and when stupid people prove themselves it makes it so we cannot use property that does not belong to us.a ford ranger tearing up a trail at top speed(maybe 20mph)is just dumb.lets use trails properly.no cars on single track,no riding in areas that are in obviosly bad shape,no riding on posted lands(the farmer may be packing and i dont know anyone who carries a spare butt in their pack),and most imporant dont drink and ride/drive the butt you save may be your own
Old 09-23-03, 09:49 PM
Chuvak
Advertise here!

Bikes: 2002 Allez A1xx SE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sure happens to me all the time. Those girls are just crazy for bikers.......
Old 09-23-03, 10:39 PM
jcivic00
keep moving forward...

Bikes: 2009 Motobecane Fantom CX

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
only by dogs and the neighborhood kids ogling the bike.
Old 09-23-03, 11:16 PM
rockstar
damn straight

Bikes: aluminum, carbon, steel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i was riding on the street (bike lane) last week in the afternoon when these kids (18-22) pull close behind me (5 feet) in there car and start honking there horn and yelling,i guess the thought they could startle me into crashing. when they realized i wasn't freaking out they zip round me and start laughing. what they didn't realize was that 1/4 mile up the road there was a stop light and it was red. i within 10 feet of they're car before they run the red light. i was able to get the plate # car description, so if i see them again i will punish them severely
Old 09-24-03, 01:46 AM
Transparent
Proud to Be Cornish!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chased by a bull aswell.... scary :S.. me and my m8 didnt see it... went into the field and we see it running at us... we ran back out and legged it
Old 09-24-03, 03:35 AM
dexmax
road siklista

Bikes: Custom Knolly Chilcotin Limited Edition Orange, Dartmoor Wish, KHS 7500, Custom built Specialized Camber, S-Works Road, Cannondale Trail mtb, Polini MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chased by a bull.. i was wearing an all red specialized jersey..

do red attract them, as in like in the cartoons i saw as a kid?
Old 09-24-03, 03:39 AM
Patch29

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I was chased by a moose. Luckily I was riding on a larger road and a lot of traffic came by and scared it away.
Old 09-24-03, 05:26 AM
oxygen_77

Bikes: Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Specialized P.2, Kona Coiler

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When I was in Highschool I was chased by a small gang of middle school kids who had beaten some other kid to unconciousness. As I rode up on my bike I noticed they were shoving dirt in the unconcious kid's mouth and then they dropped him and started running towards me. I took off, but still feel bad that I didn't try to help the unconcious kid... although it could have ended with me knocked out as well...
Old 09-24-03, 09:52 AM
Dazza
XtC Addict

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
''I don't have to run faster than that tiger,'' his friend replied. ''I just have to run faster than you.''
LOL Brilliant

Sure happens to me all the time. Those girls are just crazy for bikers.......
LOL again.

Yea i think we werent supposed to be there, but the ride was so good it was well worth it (the chases made it all good ) And we shall be going back!

do red attract them, as in like in the cartoons i saw as a kid?
Arent they colour blind?

Good stories BTW.
Old 09-24-03, 10:25 AM
Transparent
Proud to Be Cornish!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LOL... i didnt think there was any point putting being chased by kids or people down... happens so often over here... just ride away and laugh... ull see the funny side when u speed away and they eat ur dirt

200th post
Old 09-24-03, 10:36 AM
Bikedud
Sapient

Bikes: Just a bunch of bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Pigs. Wild pigs at a wildlife management area (WMA). She was a mom and was protecting her young. After a few yards she turned and went back to her young.
Old 09-24-03, 10:39 AM
Dazza
XtC Addict

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LOL pigs are cool, when im older ill probably own a pet pig, they are actually a HELL of a lot smarter than you think,smarter than most dogs anyway.
Old 09-24-03, 10:53 AM
oxygen_77

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LOL pigs are cool, when im older ill probably own a pet pig, they are actually a HELL of a lot smarter than you think,smarter than most dogs anyway.
Why would you want an animal that is smarter than a dog? Are you going to start a circus? I only have a cat and he's clever enough to get in to all kinds of trouble.... I can only imagine what a smarter pet would be able to do.
Old 09-24-03, 11:22 AM
Dazza
XtC Addict

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was thinking maybe train it to bring me snacks, tuck me in at night, and do basic chores about the house.

I dont want one because they are smart, i was just saying, people think they roll round in sha all day long, when they are actually quite intelligent.

I only have a cat and he's clever enough to get in to all kinds of trouble....
I know all about it mate, in our house we have four dogs, and three cats (two golden laboradors, one black, and a miniature Yorkshire terrier) and they cause lots of trouble.
Old 09-24-03, 11:44 AM
Stubacca

Bikes: '03 Fuji Roubaix Pro; '03 KleinGi Attitude; '06 Soma Rush; '04 Surly Cross-Check; '06 Soma Rush; '07 Scott CR1 / Chorus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
And when you get sick of them, they roast up much better than dog... j/k

Pigs do make cool pets. I had a mate back in Oz who had one... very cute little fulla.
Old 09-24-03, 11:49 AM
Bikedud
Sapient

Bikes: Just a bunch of bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by booyah
[B]And when you get sick of them, they roast up much better than dog... j/k

Dog makes a fine meal.
Old 09-24-03, 11:50 AM
oxygen_77

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know all about it mate, in our house we have four dogs, and three cats (two golden laboradors, one black, and a miniature Yorkshire terrier) and they cause lots of trouble.
I should probably also mention that my cat is completely blind and STILL is quite the little terror...

Personally I could never get in to the idea of owning a Pig... a friend of mine had one and it's squealing used to really get annoying (plus when it would nuzzle me with it's nose it felt really creepy)

Back to the chasing theme though... I just realized that lately my friends have been chasing me on the trails... I guess I've gotten too fast for them. hahaha
Old 09-24-03, 12:00 PM
Stubacca

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Bikedud
Dog makes a fine meal. [/B]
Yeah, but it tastes best with asian flavors. Doesn't go nearly as well with roast veges and apple sauce

On the chasing thing... got chased by a big mothertrucker of a dog last night on my commute home. He was more like a small horse. He lost interest when he found a much more formidable opponent - a parked car.

Nothing annoys me more on the bike than people who let large domestic animals roam the streets or trails.
Old 09-24-03, 03:37 PM
Dazza
XtC Addict

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nothing annoys me more on the bike than people who let large domestic animals roam the streets or trails.
Damn rite, a couple of weeks ago, my riding bud smashed into the side of a losse dog whilst out on a road cycle, when i got to the area, the dog had gone, but his helmet was absoluteley smashed up, he would most definately been dead if he had of been bareheaded. The owner was to blame, and because of her, the dog had to be put to sleep. Shes now got court to worry about, and shes trying to drag me into the fray, accusing me of "swearing" at her, which i find weird, saying there was no-one else there when i got to the scene

I had a blind cat once, was quite mad too, and the cool thing was that another of our cats took it under its wing, and looked after it. Nature is weird.

And when you get sick of them, they roast up much better than dog
LOL Brill

(plus when it would nuzzle me with it's nose it felt really creepy)
Ive a dog that does this, especially when your half asleep, basically uses you as a human hanky and snots all over your face, nasty
Old 09-24-03, 11:18 PM
dexmax
road siklista

Bikes: Custom Knolly Chilcotin Limited Edition Orange, Dartmoor Wish, KHS 7500, Custom built Specialized Camber, S-Works Road, Cannondale Trail mtb, Polini MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ive a dog that does this, especially when your half asleep, basically uses you as a human hanky and snots all over your face, nasty [/B]
Old 09-26-03, 07:11 PM
imprezaman

Bikes: Cannondale F300, Sherpa, Cheap Wal-Mart bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I got chased by a four wheeler once, he though he had me until i turned off a trail, that he couldn't get down Even if so, you can't give it throttle (or peddle), on this trail and I would have out down him. I don't know what he intended to do when he caught up, but I wasn't going to find out!....have you guys ever been just riding on the road, and had some dog come after you, and your only in like 2nd gear so, you have to shift up and sometimes the chain won't pop up until you really get going?...I almost got my leg torn off. That wasn't with my bike I have now. Actually I wasn't even into Mtb. yet, so I had like a 70 dollar wal-mart special bike, which I would probably end up breaking if I hit a large drop off with it.