Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

FYI: Philly International Pro Cycling Race Sunday June 3rd - I will be there w/camera

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

FYI: Philly International Pro Cycling Race Sunday June 3rd - I will be there w/camera

Old 05-31-12, 10:59 AM
SteelCan

Bikes: LeMond Reno

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

https://www.procyclingtour.com/phila-...ce.htm?pab=1_3
The crown jewel of North American cycling is the Philadelphia International Championship, now celebrating its 28th year. More than 180 of the world’s top male professional cyclists descend upon the city of Philadelphia to race in the longest running and only UCI Hors Category single-day cycling road race in the United States. Professional men will complete seven laps of a 14.7-mile circuit over the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Kelly Drive and Manayunk Wall. Start time 10:45am Sunday

They will finish with five laps of Lemon Hill and Logan’s Circle, in one of the biggest special sporting events in the United States. Total race distance: 124 Miles
Over 100 professional, international women cyclists will compete in the 18th annual Liberty Classic. The 60 mile race consists of four laps of the 14.7-mile circuit through Philadelphia with 4 steep climbs up the grueling Manayunk Wall. The Liberty Classic is held during the men’s International Championship on the same course.

For the first time in the history of the Championship, amateur and recreational cyclists will be able to ride three timed laps of the iconic course in the Bicycling Magazine Open before the start of the Pro Championship. Please click here for details and registration information on the Bicycling Open.
https://www.echelongranfondo.org/bicy...pen/index.html Wheels roll 7am
Old 05-31-12, 11:37 AM
baj32161
Behind EVERYone!!!

Bikes: 2010 Specialized Tricross Comp 105 Double

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 29 Posts
I used to go to that race every year from 2004 - 2009, under its many guises and I loved it. I lived in Trenton and Burlington NJ and just took the High Speed Line into Philly and rode around the race. Damn do I miss that race. Philly is a pretty darned great city for a bike race. Please share your pics with us (or at least, me).

I really envy you.

Cheers,

Brian J.

― Bruce Lee
Old 05-31-12, 12:16 PM
plpete

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hope to be there as well. With a camera! Got some great shots in the past and even framed a few!
Old 05-31-12, 03:45 PM
M_Wales
Retired USAF, C-130 Guy

Bikes: Shopping

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Anyone know if this will be televised? I thought I watched this race last year on TV.
Old 05-31-12, 06:51 PM
SteelCan

Bikes: LeMond Reno

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M_Wales
I thought I watched this race last year on TV.
In 2011, the race went live on TV from Noon to Finish. This year it seems they will only have a one hour highlight/recap on CSN & TSN (comcast channels)
On Sunday, June 3[SUP]rd[/SUP], Comcast SportsNet will have a complete race recap during “SportsNite” at 6 p.m., followed by a one-hour “TD Bank Philadelphia International Cycling Champs: Race Recap” special, hosted by John Eustice and Todd Gogulski at 6:30 p.m. Eustice is a Philly-area native and a former U.S. National Cycling Champion, while Gogulski is an analyst for NBC Universal Sports and former professional cyclist who was crowned “King of the Mountain” during the 1991 race for scaling the famed Manayunk Wall. The “TD Bank Philadelphia International Cycling Champs: Race Recap” will relive the race from the exciting start to the hold your breath finish, with complete highlights and storylines interwoven throughout the program. Lisa Hillary will have interviews with the winners and will share the sights and sounds of race day.

https://www.procyclingtour.com/PDF/20...20AIRTIMES.pdf