Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Triathlon
Reload this Page >

TT Bike Rental - Around Destin-FL Area

Notices
Triathlon Swim / Bike / Run your thing? Drop in our new triathlon forum for the latest in training & gear. From beginner to expert, and sprint to ironman.

Old 08-22-19, 06:40 AM
wnusser
William

Bikes: Trek Domane S6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi All,
Anyone aware of a TT bike rental around Destin, Florida area? Found a ton of rental options but none with a TT option advertised on their lists.

Thank you in advance,
WN.
Old 08-22-19, 08:30 AM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1017 Post(s)
Liked 783 Times in 413 Posts
Originally Posted by wnusser
Hi All,
Anyone aware of a TT bike rental around Destin, Florida area? Found a ton of rental options but none with a TT option advertised on their lists.

Thank you in advance,
WN.
I may be wrong, but I think you'll be hard-pressed to find a 'rental' TT specific bike anywhere. I know I've never heard of a LBS offering TT bikes for rent. For a bike shop to dedicate the cost of the bike to such a specific 'niche' clientele would be a loss. Unless, of course, they made the rental fees exorbitantly high.

Dan
Likes For _ForceD_:
Old 08-22-19, 08:44 AM
wnusser
William

Bikes: Trek Domane S6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by _ForceD_
I may be wrong, but I think you'll be hard-pressed to find a 'rental' TT specific bike anywhere. I know I've never heard of a LBS offering TT bikes for rent. For a bike shop to dedicate the cost of the bike to such a specific 'niche' clientele would be a loss. Unless, of course, they made the rental fees exorbitantly high.

Dan
Thanks for the input. Living in a large city I am lucky to have a bike shop chain that carries a couple on one of their locations and move them across as per demand. Fairly used Trek Speed Concept but fair price.
All research I did aligns with your perspective, but with so many bike rentals for tourists in that area I'd expect maybe one could carry it. Thanks again.
Old 08-29-19, 07:56 PM
TriBiker19 
Just call me Carrie

Bikes: '82 Fuji Supreme, '85 Shogun 200, '89 Centurion Ironman Master, '89 Centurion Ironman Expert

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 105 Posts
Personally, I'm going to Florida in February and I live in NH/Mass. My plan is that I'll bring my saddle and get fit to a bike a couple days before my race (an Oly), ride it a couple time,s and not plan on placing. I only ride vintage Japanese bikes, so there's no way I'll find a bike to race on that fits what I normally ride.