Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

The old and the new, the ying and the yang, the good, bad and the ugly, you decide.

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

The old and the new, the ying and the yang, the good, bad and the ugly, you decide.

Old 06-02-20, 03:37 PM
gomango 

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 71 Posts
Originally Posted by merziac View Post
Circling back for a bump on this, been commuting on this quite a bit so probably at least 500 mi. so far, 3 tilt adjustments and no clamp slippage nonsense whatsoever.
Sounds like a success story to me.

Cool bike.

Bikes and stuff

https://www.flickr.com/photos/36270004@N06/
Old 06-02-20, 05:10 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1715 Post(s)
Liked 615 Times in 453 Posts
Originally Posted by gomango View Post
Sounds like a success story to me.

Cool bike.
Tx Grady, we're going to go with that for now.

This is one of those little pita things that seems to take on a life of its own, should be simple till its not, couple of poor outcomes and its declared a pos when all that really needs to happen is a redoubling of effort and thought to solve the problem that with proper diligence may never have presented itself.

Simple or otherwise, I love a good challenge.