Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

seeking invite cycling torrents.nl

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-22, 11:57 AM
zap427

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am seeking an invitation to web group https://cyclingtorrents.nl/login.php I understand how the sharing works as I belong to a similar site for motorsports. Any consideration for membership would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Last edited by zap427; 04-04-22 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-04-22, 12:27 PM
Kedosto
Callipygian Connoisseur

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Old 04-04-22, 01:57 PM
zap427

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kedosto, perhaps my wording is confusing. I didn't mean to imply this site was part of Bike Forums. I have seen the site mentioned here in Bike Forums so assumed it was safe to mention it in the group?

Currently the site the site is closed to open registration and an invite from an existing member is required to join. Apologies, it this sounded a bit confusing.

Cheers!
Old 04-04-22, 02:34 PM
zap427

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Njkayaker,

here is the link to said site. https://cyclingtorrents.nl/login.php. Again, mentioned in the forum group. Very sorry for any confusion
Old 04-04-22, 02:45 PM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 4260 Post(s)
Liked 1,363 Times in 945 Posts
Originally Posted by zap427
Njkayaker,

here is the link to said site. https://cyclingtorrents.nl/login.php. Again, mentioned in the forum group. Very sorry for any confusion
Criminy.

Update your original post.

It's a torrent site. It's not clear it's legal.

Again, mentioned in the forum group.
If it's mentioned, you can provide a link to where it's mentioned.

It's a bit weird that this is your first post in 10 years.

Last edited by njkayaker; 04-04-22 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-04-22, 02:49 PM
zap427

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Advice taken, sometimes the forrest gets in the way of the trees.

Thank you
Old 04-04-22, 02:53 PM
zap427

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
amongst this search string it is mentioned. https://www.bikeforums.net/search.php?searchid=13872849
Old 04-04-22, 02:59 PM
zap427

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Njkayaker,

would you consider modifying your post calling it SPAM unless, that is what it is? You are a senior member, I would guess many would ignore the post altogether with you tagging it as SPAM. I apologize for the confusion and corrected the original request. Are we "good" here?
Old 04-04-22, 03:08 PM
zap427

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am not sure why the date on my last post is relevant in this discussion. I do understand sites are under constant attacks from Spammers and the like. I can assure you, I am not one. As far as legality, as I stated, the site is mentioned in previous posts on this site, which gave the indication it was fair game to talk about. If you are a moderator and tell me I have broken a forum group rule, I will retract the whole post immediately. Please, I am asking an innocent question, which could have been worded more clearly, nothing more.
Old 04-04-22, 04:07 PM
njkayaker

Njkayaker,

would you consider modifying your post calling it SPAM unless, that is what it is? You are a senior member, I would guess many would ignore the post altogether with you tagging it as SPAM.
I deleted that post (I think I deleted it before you made this post). "Senior member" doesn't mean anything, by the way.

I apologize for the confusion and corrected the original request. Are we "good" here?
Correcting the post helps you.​​​​
​​​
I am not sure why the date on my last post is relevant in this discussion.
Somebody rising from 10 years in the past to ask questions about an invalid/dead "torrent" site is very odd.

As far as legality, as I stated, the site is mentioned in previous posts on this site, which gave the indication it was fair game to talk about.
More than one of the posts you linked to obscured the reference. They would not have done that if they thought the site wasn't sketchy. Anyway, mentioning something doesn't really pertain to the legality of that something.

(I'm not sure why you didn't ask in the subforum where this was mentioned.)

...which could have been worded more clearly..
No doubt.

Last edited by njkayaker; 04-04-22 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-04-22, 04:53 PM
zap427

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
njkayaker,

If I knew the site was "dead" I would have never posted the question. The most important thing I have learned is the site is DEAD, which seemingly could have been answered after I cleared up my poorly worded question, which I acknowledged and apologized for at least twice.

I had no idea of a "sub forum" where the question would have been received better?

"More than one of the posts you linked to obscured the reference. They would not have done that if they thought the site wasn't sketchy. Anyway, mentioning something doesn't really pertain to the legality of that something." I am sorry but I have no idea of what you are trying to say here.

It is good to know Senior member means very little, puts this whole discourse in perspective to me, thank you.

So can I take your response as the mention site is DEAD? If so, thank you (for at least the third time).

Obscure site was rectified, was it not?

I posted a not well thought out question about a site mentioned on this site as a source to watching a sport I think we all love. My apologies have reached their limit to you. If you knew the answer to the question (after my poor start) why not simply say, that site is old and no longer works. Would have saved a bunch of time and back and forth no?
Old 04-04-22, 05:00 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18420 Post(s)
Liked 15,568 Times in 7,334 Posts
What in the wide, wide world of sport is goin’ on here?

For one thing, why is someone seeking access to a site that no longer works? One would think one would check out the site first.
Old 04-04-22, 05:10 PM
zap427

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Because the someone asking the question was not aware the site no longer worked. Someone did check it out and the admission page makes no reference to the site being closed only needing an invite to participate. So, someone asks the forum group about joining. The simple response would have been, "sorry mate, that site is dead and has been dead, where you been lol"

Does that help solve the mystery?

Oh yeah, **** you, Kid Rock!

Last edited by unterhausen; 04-04-22 at 05:25 PM. Reason: because I am being attacked by an *******
Old 04-04-22, 05:11 PM
njkayaker

If I knew the site was "dead" I would have never posted the question. The most important thing I have learned is the site is DEAD, which seemingly could have been answered after I cleared up my poorly worded question, which I acknowledged and apologized for at least twice.
If the site was live, it wouldn't have looked suspicious.

I had no idea of a "sub forum" where the question would have been received better?
Maybe, the subforums where it was mentioned?

"More than one of the posts you linked to obscured the reference. They would not have done that if they thought the site wasn't sketchy. Anyway, mentioning something doesn't really pertain to the legality of that something." I am sorry but I have no idea of what you are trying to say here.
People (like yourself) who believe the sites they are talking about are legitimate reference the site directly (like you did). Some of the posts you linked to (but didn't really look at, apparently) don't mention the site directly. They obscure or obliquely reference the site. The only reason anybody would do that is for sites they see as sketchy.

I posted a not well thought out question about a site mentioned on this site as a source to watching a sport I think we all love. My apologies have reached their limit to you. If you knew the answer to the question (after my poor start) why not simply say, that site is old and no longer works. Would have saved a bunch of time and back and forth no?
Your being sloppy and careless about a dead/sketchy site isn't my problem.

Because the someone asking the question was not aware the site no longer worked. Someone did check it out and the admission page makes no reference to the site being closed only needing an invite to participate. So, someone asks the forum group about joining. The simple response would have been, "sorry mate, that site is dead and has been dead, where you been lol"
You are confused about your own posts.

There were two separate sites: the dead one in your original post that you corrected and the sketchy site that (apparently) needs an invite. The second site is live (apparently).

Last edited by njkayaker; 04-04-22 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-04-22, 05:28 PM
njkayaker

Originally Posted by indyfabz
What in the wide, wide world of sport is goin’ on here?

For one thing, why is someone seeking access to a site that no longer works? One would think one would check out the site first.
He just originally posted the wrong link (that was dead). That it was his first post in 10 years, sort of vague, about a torrent site, and a dead one had an off odor.

Unfortunately, the correct site seems kind of sketchy (he didn't realize that but also didn't look that closely at it).

He's also confused about the completely wrong (and dead site) and the correct one he was interested in.
Old 04-04-22, 05:29 PM
zap427

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sir, with all due respect, you are absolutely correct about me and my bad intentions to soil and tarnish this site. Please place my scalp with the others that have attempted to tarnish this site. Thankfully, you are there to set the world straight. I beg your forgiveness. Something tells me that is not what you expected. Ask me again about not commenting here in 10 years. All the best to you Mr kayaker, there is a saying that comes to mind, "Big fish, small pond" not my pond, big fish, lol.
Old 04-04-22, 05:39 PM
njkayaker

Sir, with all due respect, you are absolutely correct about me and my bad intentions to soil and tarnish this site. Please place my scalp with the others that have attempted to tarnish this site. Thankfully, you are there to set the world straight. I beg your forgiveness. Something tells me that is not what you expected. Ask me again about not commenting here in 10 years. All the best to you Mr kayaker, there is a saying that comes to mind, "Big fish, small pond" not my pond, big fish, lol.
You could have (should have) stopped at post 8. But you asked why your long gap in posting was relevant to why your original (now corrected) post looked spammy and I explained why. Then, you went all weird about it being my problem.
Old 04-04-22, 05:42 PM
zap427

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
One last bit; if this site is moderated, I request the moderator look at the dialog and come to a conclusion. Fellows, if this is how innocent questioned are received and ramped up into something never intended, this site has serious problems. But, you big fish keep swimming.
Old 04-04-22, 05:45 PM
zap427

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I asked because you posed the question Einstein. Time between posts should have NO relevance to a simple question that apparently you knew the answer to. Why not simply answer the question instead of being a d_ck? I think I know the answer, so skip it.
Old 04-04-22, 05:47 PM
zap427

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
if you had nothing relevant to add, you should have stopped at post one. Jesus, do you have any idea how arrogant that sounds.
Old 04-04-22, 05:56 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18420 Post(s)
Liked 15,568 Times in 7,334 Posts
I’m glad this site IS monitored.
Old 04-04-22, 06:14 PM
zap427

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"an off odor" are you kidding me. The correct site "seems kind of sketchy" really, says who, you Sherlock. Not confused genius, asking a question that either you knew the answer to or did not. You are correct I mistyped the site address, which gave you, apparently, your first clue on my cloak and dagger operation. You know what, forgive and forget. I am willing to forgive and forget and give each party the benefit of the doubt, are you?
Old 04-04-22, 06:43 PM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 612 Posts
That site is not "dead".
Ok. That's enough on this topic.
Thread closed.

FYI: https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html