Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

New to Dyno bikes

Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

New to Dyno bikes

Old 03-13-18, 11:24 PM
itsivxx

Bikes: Giant and Dyno Roadster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 10 Posts
New to Dyno bikes

I work at a storage facility here in Springfield, Oregon. We had a unit that was abandon. We stepped in and found an old frame. Turned out to be a Stretch Dyno missing everything but the frame, chain and guard. Some horrible work was started on this and almost threw this to the scrappers. I decided to look up the name, never could find much info on this frame. Can anyone help? Going to do a complete rebuild on this bike and should have it going in a month or two
The letters was left on the tube I could see it's a roadster. the letter "D" on the end on the main post and a "D" painted/decal near seat

Serial WH3E00185

This is getting a full rebuild...going to end up being Candy Orange

Last edited by itsivxx; 07-01-18 at 05:27 AM.
Old 03-14-18, 10:41 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Liked 1,621 Times in 927 Posts
Just did a Google search.
Looks like a cool bike.
The company website has plenty of info.
Build it up however you want.
Subscribed to thread.
Old 03-14-18, 06:58 PM
itsivxx

Wasn't able to get any info using the Serial number on the bottom. Regardless its still Dyno and looks great. Stripped it down and dropped it off to get the frame finished and powder coated. Bright yellow with the chain-guard and crank coated black.

Last edited by itsivxx; 03-16-18 at 05:13 AM.
Old 03-17-18, 08:56 AM
itsivxx

Day one

"This is the beginning of my 2nd project. Should turn out better than my first this is the condition of the bike when I found it, the tenant left it behind and it was almost recycled

Last edited by itsivxx; 04-02-20 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-17-18, 09:38 AM
itsivxx

and the work begins

Last edited by itsivxx; 04-02-20 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-17-18, 09:40 AM
itsivxx

Day 3

">

Last edited by itsivxx; 03-17-18 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-17-18, 10:13 AM
JamesColonel

Bikes: Dimondback

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
it looks nice
Old 03-17-18, 10:58 AM
itsivxx

Thank you...I should be getting the Springer forks in today.. One step closer to getting this done
Old 03-17-18, 11:30 AM
itsivxx

Last edited by itsivxx; 04-02-20 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-17-18, 12:40 PM
itsivxx

Going to remove the spring, have it coated yellow to match the bike
Old 03-18-18, 08:00 AM
PdalPowr

Bikes: Norco hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Definitely an attractive frame.
I hope it works out for you.
Old 03-18-18, 10:06 AM
itsivxx

Originally Posted by PdalPowr
Definitely an attractive frame.
I hope it works out for you.
I'm sure this is going to turn out Awesome and. I have no doubt this is going to work for me.
I'm doing a complete rebuild and hope to be cruising in a couple of weeks, spring is almost here. We had a great winter this year.

Last edited by itsivxx; 03-18-18 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-21-18, 08:55 AM
Philphine

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
my kind of cruiser. never had a production stretch. that's a really lucky find.

why take the "tank" pieces off? heavy? just didn't like the look?

i bet you like the regular springer better than the bent one. i hate those things.

i just brought some tall ape hangers a few months back but haven't tried them on a bike. i have the half moon type on all my stretches, either a few i brought or extending regular ones.
Old 03-21-18, 04:03 PM
itsivxx

">
Originally Posted by Philphine
my kind of cruiser. never had a production stretch. that's a really lucky find.

why take the "tank" pieces off? heavy? just didn't like the look?

i bet you like the regular springer better than the bent one. i hate those things.

i just brought some tall ape hangers a few months back but haven't tried them on a bike. i have the half moon type on all my stretches, either a few i brought or extending regular ones.
The "tank" Pieces was some heavy diamond plate (6.4lbs) that was welded in..a lot less weight now. If it was something more than eye sore I would have left it in. Depending how the frame looked after crudely cutting it out was going to determine if I was going to put in a lighter metal take to cover the "oops" Came out better than expected thank god! My new handle bars (5" rise) and the Black wheels will be in tomorrow so the build is almost ready to start.
Nine more days to get the frame back and will be riding an hour later. As for the forks I wanted to stay with more of the original look, the stance should be where I want it.

Last edited by itsivxx; 03-21-18 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-08-18, 07:44 PM
itsivxx

Just mocked together..getting ready to send it out for color. Most of the welding / patching has been done. This is the first time seeing this bike together

Old 05-09-18, 04:01 PM
brdeleo49

Bikes: Electra Cruiser 7D, Dahon Boardwalk, Sundeal F1

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Wow, talk about a "Phoenix" rising from the ashes. The bike is looking great. IMHO, it looks better without the "diamond plate" tank....
Old 05-10-18, 05:36 AM
itsivxx

Originally Posted by brdeleo49
Wow, talk about a "Phoenix" rising from the ashes. The bike is looking great. IMHO, it looks better without the "diamond plate" tank....
I know huh..not to sure what they seen in a 7lb chunk of metal like that. Guess they ddn't want to make to to easy for me when this was found
Old 05-10-18, 09:00 AM
Philphine

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
looks like it's coming together. consider a seat with a backrest or high-ish back rise. since you can't really stand up on a stretch it's harder to accellerate or push up hills. a seat with a backrest gives you something to push back against to help. if you can weld you can cobble up one, or ebay has halfway decent prices on them if you keep and eye out for sales.

i finally put the high ape hangers on a recent project. it's different, but i think i'll leave them on. i think i like the big half moon's better though.

that style of frame is popular enough that i would look and see if someone makes a tank bag that fits in the tank spot. it's a pretty nice, and practical thing. maybe even try that rouge panda place and see about getting a bag made, but that gets costly. or depending on the color you choose, a swingarm bag off amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Leather-Motor...ingarm+bag+red

(also in black and brown when they have all the colors. i think the price might rise though when they have all the colors and it's the riding season). i've put these on a few bikes and like them a lot.

Last edited by Philphine; 05-10-18 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-10-18, 01:14 PM
itsivxx

Good advice about the seat back, just made comment about not being able to stand on the pedals to my girlfriend. If it turns out this is going to make riding better I'll order one with the back rest. Waiting to take the ride and see how things feel, never owned one before...I want this thing to be perfect!
I grew up in the 70's and 80's...turning 56 this year and of course grew up in the Schwinn Stingray era... always had the ape's and some of the nicest Stingrays (why didn't I hold on to them)
I do have a set of the half moon's, but not sure if they are going to be wide enough, though I did find some 30 1/2 Wide Moon's I'll probably end up buying
I'm dropping off the frame this afternoon to get this color applied, we are "shooting" for a Pearl Cream Orange on the front that will fade back into a Candy Orange with the chair guard painted to match of course. He know what I was interested in so I said...SURPRISE Me! He's always done me good. The apes, sprocket and crank are in being Powder coated black and hoping to have them back today.

Originally Posted by Philphine
looks like it's coming together. consider a seat with a backrest or high-ish back rise. since you can't really stand up on a stretch it's harder to accellerate or push up hills. a seat with a backrest gives you something to push back against to help. if you can weld you can cobble up one, or ebay has halfway decent prices on them if you keep and eye out for sales.

i finally put the high ape hangers on a recent project. it's different, but i think i'll leave them on. i think i like the big half moon's better though.

that style of frame is popular enough that i would look and see if someone makes a tank bag that fits in the tank spot. it's a pretty nice, and practical thing. maybe even try that rouge panda place and see about getting a bag made, but that gets costly. or depending on the color you choose, a swingarm bag off amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Leather-Motorcycle-Swingarm-Softail-Rk-209C/dp/B01MXX0E9B/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1525964491&sr=8-1&keywords=swingarm+bag+red

(also in black and brown when they have all the colors. i think the price might rise though when they have all the colors and it's the riding season). i've put these on a few bikes and like them a lot.

Last edited by itsivxx; 05-10-18 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-25-18, 09:14 PM
itsivxx

Went over to see how things were coming along..guess I have to wait until Sun or Mon...damn can't wait.
Frame has started to take shape, also filling in the welded areas to give it a more smooth look

Old 05-27-18, 08:35 PM
itsivxx

Filled in the rough looking welds to smooth them out and got all the frame work ready. Whew... ten hours of metal prep,sanding and primer

Old 05-29-18, 03:54 PM
itsivxx

Got the Orange Candy laid and clear coat applied..Can't wait to get this thing together

Last edited by itsivxx; 05-30-18 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-30-18, 06:32 PM
brdeleo49

Bikes: Electra Cruiser 7D, Dahon Boardwalk, Sundeal F1

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Starting to look nice. Did they spray the fork, handlebars, and crank black? What did you decide on the backrest? If you are in the downtown area around Planktown Brewery on Main St, you may not need a backrest. Going out of town where it's slightly hilly you may need that leverage to pedal.
Old 06-03-18, 08:29 PM
itsivxx

Originally Posted by brdeleo49
Starting to look nice. Did they spray the fork, handlebars, and crank black? What did you decide on the backrest? If you are in the downtown area around Planktown Brewery on Main St, you may not need a backrest. Going out of town where it's slightly hilly you may need that leverage to pedal.
I had the forks done to match the bike. Handle bars, sprocket and crank was all powder coated in black. I figured it was easier to have the forks to match, then I can work on making it "mine" Just need a good foundation to start with.
Old 06-04-18, 03:06 PM
Crossthreaded88

Bikes: Cannondale M500, Electra Cruiser 7, Schwinn Cruiser 3 2003 retro, Trek Calipso Cruiser 7sp, Dyno Taboo Tiki, Dyno Moon Eyes, Dyno Duece, Dyno Moto 7

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Wish I had seen your post earlier It's a Dyno Roadster as you probably know by now. Cult following on this bike really most Dyno's are collectable they weren't around that long but had bold designs and many eye catching models. Enclosed is a pic of mine as I found it and I ended up letting a buddy beg it off me because he was ready to build it and I had many projects in front of it. Search for images for "Dyno Roadster" and see all the variations.

Wrong wheels and bars

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.