Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

The Tour on NBCSN, live vs 'primetime'

Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

The Tour on NBCSN, live vs 'primetime'

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-18, 08:36 PM
Chicago Al 

Bikes: 1974 Motobecane Grand Record, 1987 Miyata Pro, 1988 Bob Jackson Lady Mixte (wife's), others in the family

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 154 Times in 78 Posts
Things settled out and we've been watching the AM, full version, even some of the 'pre show.' My wife found she really needed to manually program each stage as the DVR wasn't recognizing them. I'm about to drop DirecTV satellite in favor of DirecTV now which I think will include NBCsn, with a Cloud 'DVR' which can't be any worse than what we have.

We missed Stg 17 but it turns out our daughter subscribed to NBCSportsGold and we retrieved that one with her account. (She's up visiting so we're not really cheating. ;- ) ) We actually like the coverage this year, seems like they've got a good balance between Phil and Paul and Paul B with Christian and Bobke, plus Porino and of course Jens. Neither Bob nor Christian is a play by play guy and Paul B is not a cycling expert but is a solid TV sports anchor...a job with its own skill set.

- Dr Samuel Johnson