Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

New here need your help

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

New here need your help

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-18, 07:45 PM
ShadowRaven

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New here need your help

​Hello everyone.

Im looking for some help in putting together my first proper fixed gear bike, ive had a few before but theyve all been already built. Sorry i cant link anything because im new, so ive just copy and pasted the description of the item. Its the best i can do.

This time im going all out and going for somewhat good parts.
I want to save on weight too, this will just be a commute bike to get from A-B.
Heres a list of things ive got in mind.
Frame is the Singlespeed Atelier Supercorsa Pista.
Wheelset would be either the American Classic Carbon 40 Track Clincher Wheelset which come in at around 1705grams.

Or the Miche Supertype Pista SPX5/Disc Track Wheelset - Carbon.... Depending on hoe it looks, this is a maybe.. More expensive and heavier but i do like the look of these.

Im gonna go for some nice compact drops. Can anyone provide me with a good chainring that will go with this frame? Preferably like a 48T.

​​​​​To save some weight on pedals instead of using clipless with the footplate ill be going for eggbeaters instead.
​​​​​​
Every little weight saved counts i guess.
Let me know if what i should avoid or if you have something better in mind

Thanks
Old 10-26-18, 11:14 PM
BoozyMcliverRot

Bikes: 1991 Diamondback Master TG 1990 Trek 850 Antelope

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 106 Posts
You could build a lighter and cheaper wheelset using a formula track rear hub with a quick release road front hub laced to Sun Assault rims at around 1500 grams. As for chainring,Sugino makes nice round SS chainrings in multiple colors. Don't get the Messenger ring if you want to save weight,get they're SS rings. Aslo,go with a modern road double outboard bearing crankset,they are superior to sqauer taper and a dime a dozen.
Old 10-27-18, 09:57 AM
IAmSam

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 136 Posts
Forgive me if I am about to sound harsh, but I had a rough morning so am just not in the mood for *****footin' around...

What the hell is a "Singlespeed Atelier Supercorsa Pista"? Both of the wheelsets you mentioned are pretty damned expensive, so since money does not seem to be a concern for you - it leads me to believe you mean a Cinelli Supercorsa Pista?

If so, neither of those wheelsets, whatever their other pros and cons, are anywhere close to being "right" for a SC Pista.
If not...then what the hell is a "Singlespeed Atelier Supercorsa Pista"?