Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

New bike day!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-18, 03:56 PM
bonsai171

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by seau grateau
They definitely don't, but I'd still get Campy (sexier).
The Campy is really nice. It will give some contrast to the black frame. Was thinking some shiny chrome wheels too.

Dave
Old 11-04-18, 04:21 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4349 Post(s)
Liked 3,986 Times in 2,661 Posts
Originally Posted by bonsai171
28s would be nice. Crank will probably be Campy. Found out the Omniums use a proprietary chainring.. Can't even find out where to buy a replacement!

Dave
I do not believe the Omnomnomnoms use a proprietary chainring it is a standard 144bcd but from what I have seen I haven't really seen any ScRAM chainrings available separately. Though the fine folks at Sugino have you covered with plenty of chainrings in different levels and coatings and such and there are others offering 144 bcd chainrings. I would also highly recommend Wolf Tooth chainring bolts as they use dual hex heads and come in different colors. I was going to do them on my new Langster as I have done on many of my bikes but saw the Sugino 75 bolts and they looked so nice but I could swap the backs for the Wolf Tooth and use those backs for the fronts on something else. However I don't really change chainrings much and have the chainring nut tool

Try the 28s if you can. Sometimes frame and component manufacturers mention lower stuff because of the wide variety of tires and rims so they won't get in trouble.