Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

Cyclist intentionally run down and killed

Search
Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Cyclist intentionally run down and killed

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-18, 08:07 AM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
one count of murder and four counts of attempted murder

-mr. bill
Old 11-09-18, 02:20 PM
raria

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mr_bill
Yes, mentioned in this article as well. The only reason she got charged was because the four people she tried to run over lived to tell. If it was just the cyclist, I'm sure there would be no murder charges.
https://ktla.com/2018/11/06/claremon...kill-4-others/

Originally Posted by CliffordK
I suppose some people are "evil". However, I believe those who are are very few.
BS There is evil in all of us and for some people it doesn't take much effort to bring it out.

Originally Posted by eja_ bottecchia

I am a prosecutor. The number of truly evil people in the world is far greater than you may wish to believe.

Fortunately, however, they are still in the minority.
Old 11-09-18, 02:38 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by raria
Yes, mentioned in this article as well. The only reason she got charged was because the four people she tried to run over lived to tell. If it was just the cyclist, I'm sure there would be no murder charges.
https://ktla.com/2018/11/06/claremon...kill-4-others/

Nonsense--the skid marks showed she changed direction in a controlled manner AND crossed the road to hit the cyclist--the other four people will be used to prove premeditation, but she definitely would have been charged with some degree of murder even without them.
Old 11-09-18, 03:34 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2494 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyBike
No one is being forced to respond, that's fo sho.
We are but flesh and all that represents. We are just as weak and unable to suffer trolls as you are. But let me see if I have this right: you and BF moderation have been locked in a war of wills for the last 10 years and A&S is the battleground where you intend to post provocative, race baited, and contrarian rants until you are at last granted the wish of annihilation. Whoa. That must be the definition of Hell on Earth. Sucks to be you dude. Thanks for the insight though I just thought you had lost your cotton picking mind.
Old 11-09-18, 04:56 PM
Leisesturm

Originally Posted by raria
Actually you are quite wrong. TBH I thought this was a completely different thread. I thought this was your earlier thread or Joey's, but this is a completely different story and the BIG difference between this story and any other similar story that has been posted in A&S about a cyclist/motorist collision is that the driver is usually able to at least prove no homicidal intent! Sadly, if they are texting and kill someone it is considered a tragic accident. When it's deliberate that's a horse of a different color and in this case and others like it, the driver is going to spend time in prison.
Old 11-09-18, 05:17 PM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
We are but flesh and all that represents. We are just as weak and unable to suffer trolls as you are. But let me see if I have this right: you and BF moderation have been locked in a war of wills for the last 10 years and A&S is the battleground where you intend to post provocative, race baited, and contrarian rants until you are at last granted the wish of annihilation. Whoa. That must be the definition of Hell on Earth. Sucks to be you dude. Thanks for the insight though I just thought you had lost your cotton picking mind.
Never!

I live in a city that is majority not white. Any statement I make here about my city has about a 60% chance of referring to a non-white person. My father was an athlete and mom was a pro ballet dancer. My life has always been full of non-white and gay people, including relatives by blood and marriage. One good thing about New Orleans - you better be socially liberal or we will run you out of here.

Who's the troll here? Who is reading racial overtones into statements that have no such content?

You.
Old 11-09-18, 05:44 PM
Leisesturm

Originally Posted by JoeyBike
Never!

I live in a city that is majority not white. Any statement I make here about my city has about a 60% chance of referring to a non-white person. My father was an athlete and mom was a pro ballet dancer. My life has always been full of non-white and gay people, including relatives by blood and marriage. One good thing about New Orleans - you better be socially liberal or we will run you out of here.

Who's the troll here? Who is reading racial overtones into statements that have no such content?

You.
Well I wasn't talking about this thread specifically. But do I have it right on the rest of it then?
Old 11-09-18, 07:01 PM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 219 Posts
Well I wasn't talking about this thread specifically. But do I have it right on the rest of it then?
You are entitled to your opinion and interpretation of anyone's posts on the Internet. I have not seen any of your claims (that I can think of) that I could blame you for voicing. Except race baiting. Speaking or which.....

...I just thought you had lost your cotton picking mind.
Really??