Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Cannondale 2.8 series....'92?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-18, 01:58 PM
Erictadams

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cannondale 2.8 series....'92?

Hello I'm very new to the hobby and was introduced when a friend talked me into doing a sprint-tri with him earlier in the year. I had to borrow a hybrid that he had bought from Target 10 years ago (which I have still been riding around), but I've been riding as much as I can since then. I finally found a bike the other day online which I picked up for $40 and was wondering if anyone could tell me a little more about it. From what I've tried to research I think it's a '92, although it has no "R" series markings. It has shimano 600(?) components other than 105 downtube shifters and brake levers. The shifter cables were rusted off which I figure is a pretty easy fix. That's about all I know, if anyone has any other knowledge that they can tell from the pictures, then I would love to hear it!

Old 11-21-18, 02:25 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
you didn't get bit at $40 -- not by a long shot .

The bike may be a 92 -- I didn't think the 2.8 frameset was introduced until late 92 as a 93 model though, ------- but the 600 SIS parts were replaced by the Ultegra 600 "tri color" groupset years earlier. Im guessing this bike was subject to some replacement parts of an earlier generation , as no 2.8 frame would have came with a parts kit like that originally unless someone bought a bare frameset and drug it through the parts bin to get it built