Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Aventon Lite carbon fiber fork?

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-16, 11:27 PM
RMoudatir

Bikes: Otso Warakin, 2014 Fuji Sportif 1.4 disc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Anybody ever try the aventon lite carbon fork? I am looking for a decent carbon fiber fork and I found the aventon lite for $90 on sale, I am just trying to replace my steel anchor fork I have that weighs 1200 grams.
Old 06-28-16, 07:07 AM
elemental

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Aventon claims 505g before you cut it, so it would be a significant weight reduction (>1.5 lbs) if the numbers are accurate. Do you know the measurement of your current fork (axle-crown, rake, etc.)? Changing these will change your geometry, so it's a good idea to compare before buying a new fork. Have never ridden one, so I can't comment on the ride quality.
Old 06-29-16, 10:10 AM
Jixr
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the forks are fine, I put about 1500 miles on one including the bike getting hit by a car and its decent for what it is.
Old 06-29-16, 12:19 PM
Senrab62 
It's the little things

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 147 Posts
What's retail on the Aventon carbon fork?

I've been eyeballing the Nashbar carbon forks which are only like 50 grams heavier, but are perpetually on sale for 20-30% off of the 99-109.00 retail price.
Old 07-05-16, 02:50 PM
RMoudatir

Bikes: Otso Warakin, 2014 Fuji Sportif 1.4 disc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by senrab62
what's retail on the aventon carbon fork?

I've been eyeballing the nashbar carbon forks which are only like 50 grams heavier, but are perpetually on sale for 20-30% off of the 99-109.00 retail price.
$109 usd but I got a 20% discount so now I pay 93 with taxes.
Old 07-05-16, 10:00 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4342 Post(s)
Liked 3,978 Times in 2,659 Posts
Originally Posted by Senrab62
What's retail on the Aventon carbon fork?

I've been eyeballing the Nashbar carbon forks which are only like 50 grams heavier, but are perpetually on sale for 20-30% off of the 99-109.00 retail price.
Perpetually on sale or just a scam to make you think they are on sale and a really good bargain so you buy something that might be of a lower quality than something at that retail price?

If something is always on sale I don't trust it. Why not just set the price lower unless you are doing something a bit more on the shady side. Just be honest with people.
Old 07-06-16, 07:16 AM
TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Liked 764 Times in 431 Posts
So, my $300 BikesDirect bikes that retailed for $900 aren't really a great deal.

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me
Old 07-07-16, 07:16 AM
Senrab62 
It's the little things

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 147 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Perpetually on sale or just a scam to make you think they are on sale and a really good bargain so you buy something that might be of a lower quality than something at that retail price?

If something is always on sale I don't trust it. Why not just set the price lower unless you are doing something a bit more on the shady side. Just be honest with people.
In my opinion, and according to mostly favorable reviews on a majority of their products, I would lean towards the former. It is marketing, for certain, but their products in my experience have been good to excellent in quality.

Some have even indicated that they think that they may be rebranded Kenesis forks. I doubt that though. What I do know is for the price, I would snag one. If Easton still made the EC70, I'd get that, but they don't.
Old 07-07-16, 06:49 PM
REDMASTA

Bikes: Bare Rum Sword Knuckle Runner

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 64 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes

EXACTLY! So many people don't understand this concept, you try to explain it to them and they look a you like a deer in the headlights.

I tend to stay away from brands or companies that list an inflated price and are perpetually on sale at "big discounts". Usually means they are shady and the product is low quality, and not really that great a value.
Old 07-07-16, 08:03 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4342 Post(s)
Liked 3,978 Times in 2,659 Posts
Originally Posted by Senrab62
In my opinion, and according to mostly favorable reviews on a majority of their products, I would lean towards the former. It is marketing, for certain, but their products in my experience have been good to excellent in quality.

Some have even indicated that they think that they may be rebranded Kenesis forks. I doubt that though. What I do know is for the price, I would snag one. If Easton still made the EC70, I'd get that, but they don't.
If they are rebranded Kinesis, I would hate to own one now:
Around 1,750 potentially lethal Kinesis forks unaccounted for, inquest told | road.cc

That is the problem with rebrands and cheap china carbon, you might not know who is behind it and it could be part of a recall and you might not as easily find out. Though crabons are hard to trust anyway.