Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Show Us Your BMC

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Show Us Your BMC

Old 03-16-10, 08:42 AM
X-LinkedRider
Flying Under the Radar

Bikes: 10' SuperiorLite SL Club | 06' Giant FCR3 | 2010 GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ultraman6970
Here we go... no more changes until next year maybe.
Very nice Ultra but you definitely need to change out that bottle cage with some white aero shaped cages. Or black. But just not that silver schwinn with the 2 nobs in red on it.
Old 03-16-10, 09:41 AM
mrbUSA

Bikes: Scott CR1 Home Spun

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rollin
Why do you want to change? If it's for the "sexy" then just go with your heart.

We have very smooth roads here. I tested both the roadracer and the streetfire (full aluminium). Rode both over 50km, couldn't tell the difference, bought the streetfire.

I also own a promachine. It is certainly smoother than the streetfire.

The streetfire is my travel / bad weather bike. I worry less about it than the pure carbon.

It comes down a lot to taste. The roadracer's good value at the moment so maybe worth stashing away.
The 'sex' factor is big on this one. And I agree the value right now works for the possibility of stashing one. I'd bet it would be just as smooth and enjoyable as my Tarmac. Hoping so at least. Thank you for your input.

Originally Posted by Yaniel
to me the answer is "it depends"

what type of riding do you do? do you think going to a mixed frame or a heavier frame will hold you back? I just ride for fun and do fast group rides, no bike will really hold me back. I could've bought a full carbon frame, or a caad9 frame or many other frames that might be better in all out performance than my road racer but I wanted a bike that was good enough for me and looked better than anything on the market (my opinion). Every since I got the bike people can't stop complimenting it, I stop to refill my water and when I come out someone is always looking at it, it's just a sexy bike and that makes me want to ride it more.
At +/-215 pounds no bike will ever hold me back and definitely won't speed me up. I don't race, just ride for enjoyment, health and mind. Enjoyable riding. Definitely the look of the Road Racer I'm digging. I'm getting close to stashing one Thank you for your input as well.

Mike
Old 03-16-10, 12:42 PM
ultraman6970

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by X-LinkedRider
Very nice Ultra but you definitely need to change out that bottle cage with some white aero shaped cages. Or black. But just not that silver schwinn with the 2 nobs in red on it.
Dont even mention it, that thing as like 6 years old maybe and it is the only one i have. I been looking in the market for something more descent but are too expensive. Even the performance carbon crappy ones are expensive. But yes im still working in finding something more descent and that could cost less than 30 bucks hehehe

Meanwhile i found somebody who wants to sell a pair of carbon UT cranks for cheap so probably i'll go with those ones and get like 200 to 300 grams off the bike and leave the bottle cage as it is...

Anybody is making bottle cages in good plastic? I dont need the darn carbon for that...

UM
Old 03-16-10, 01:32 PM
roadiejorge 
stole your bike

Bikes: Orbea Orca, Ridley Compact

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 4201 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by RacerMike
Waiting for the build.

Attachment 141831
That bike is a beauty! Well done.
Old 03-16-10, 03:10 PM
yuanja
Climb and more climb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can I play too?

Old 03-16-10, 03:54 PM
portland376

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^^^^^ great looking pro machine, love the dt swiss wheels with the bmc's. almost pulled the trigger on the exact bike for my wife, but am in the process of another build for her instead.
Old 03-16-10, 03:59 PM
yuanja
Climb and more climb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by portland376
^^^^^ great looking pro machine, love the dt swiss wheels with the bmc's. almost pulled the trigger on the exact bike for my wife, but am in the process of another build for her instead.
Nice. Technically, my wife bought me this bike.

I built powertap into the rear wheel so now this bike is as sweet as it gets. GO BMC!
Old 03-16-10, 06:57 PM
900aero

Bikes: Pinarello FPQuattro, Giant XTC 29er

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice bikes. Slightly off-topic here so forgive me but.......of those of you that have one ( or both), which bike would you choose as a trainer/mileage ride - TeamMachine or RoadRacer? I might occasionally try a club race (usually criterium) but mostly just put in miles as training for triathlon. The CC deals are very good on both & the RR seems to be more than enough bike for me but I could stretch to the TM if its really a better choice.
Interested in anyones thoughts or experience on this. thnx
Old 03-17-10, 02:43 PM
ultraman6970

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Got laid off yesterday so i'll have a pretty nice summer of cycling i guess... Went out today for the 1st time in my road racer and the bike feels really special. At the beginning i didn't know if the seat post was too high or what, since i moved the position from the other bike i believe it was right.. it felt different but after hour and a half the bike became normal... weird this is the 1st time that happens to me because always takes a few days or a month to get used to a bike.

Going over the pedals felt right since the 1st moment. Usually the bikes i had felt shortissh but this one felt right right away. Hmm... I suck right now and this was my 1st ride in almost a year also so i was expecting my ars and my legs to hurt as hell after the 1st 20 minutes... that didn't happen. I felt i sucked big time but the legs didn't hurt, ass didn't hurt, shoulders didn't hurt... nothing hurt, in a matter of fact i went way far than i was expecting to go as 1st ride in almost 9 months. I continued with my own pace and now im at home my legs are starting to hurt but i dont feel like a dead potato sack.

So far i can say is that is super stable as the kuota and ridley i had... you just put it in line and stays there. Riding no hands even in bad areas the bike do not move unless you want to. Pretty well balanced frame... I believe this is a good choice, cant tell if it rides like aluminum or carbon but rides different than the kuota i have. The good thing is that it felt right after a couple of hours.

Couldn't feel the bike being dragged by lateral winds like other bikes ( eg; cervelo i borrowed time ago), wonder how the high end carbon ones ride.

Thanks.
Old 03-17-10, 05:49 PM
go4gr8
Mountain goat

Bikes: BMC Team Machine SLR01, (RIP) BMC Team Machine SLT01, CDale SuperV400, Cramerotti Genius Nivacrom, C'Dale R600

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 900aero
Nice bikes. Slightly off-topic here so forgive me but.......of those of you that have one ( or both), which bike would you choose as a trainer/mileage ride - TeamMachine or RoadRacer? I might occasionally try a club race (usually criterium) but mostly just put in miles as training for triathlon. The CC deals are very good on both & the RR seems to be more than enough bike for me but I could stretch to the TM if its really a better choice.
Interested in anyones thoughts or experience on this. thnx
I don't think you can go wrong with either bike. I just like the Team Machine for its industrial looks. I don't like the sloping tubes too much. I could've got the 57cm but the 59cm fit just right had less slope. This I think will be my all-around bike even though I still have my DA steel bike.
Old 03-17-10, 06:26 PM
heckler

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am considering the CC deal for the Team machine it comes with '09 force right? Any advice on sizing? I heard BMCs are a little weird I am 6'0 and 32.5" inseam...trying to figure out if a 55cm would work?
Old 03-17-10, 07:05 PM
ultraman6970

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
THe bmc website have the details in the geometry plus a rider size column also...
Old 03-17-10, 08:18 PM
go4gr8
Mountain goat

Bikes: BMC Team Machine SLR01, (RIP) BMC Team Machine SLT01, CDale SuperV400, Cramerotti Genius Nivacrom, C'Dale R600

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by heckler
I am considering the CC deal for the Team machine it comes with '09 force right? Any advice on sizing? I heard BMCs are a little weird I am 6'0 and 32.5" inseam...trying to figure out if a 55cm would work?
The CC site says to go by the top tube length and not just the seat tube (center to top). Think about how long/short you want the stem and then work backwards. For instance, I have a 59cm steel bike with a top tube of about 57.5cm and a 140mm stem. I'm now on a 59cm BMC with the 58.5 top tube and a 130mm stem. So I kept my reach the same but the handling is a bit sharper because of the shorter stem. Also consider how small you might want the frame. I went big since I didn't like the sloping top tube.
Old 04-15-10, 08:40 AM
Walentin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Finally I'm got around to by my first road bike. I am looking forward to riding this bike in the weeks to come.

BMC Streetfire with full Sram Rival group. Syntace stem and handlebar, Easton seat post. Very happy with my purchase.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMAG0075..jpg (96.3 KB, 169 views)
Old 04-15-10, 09:50 AM
VanceMac

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Picked up a leftover 2009 pro machine a few months ago. I'm quite fond of it. It's been dirty ever since this photo. My only quibble is that the internal cable routing makes upshifting a little sluggish in a couple cogs.

Old 04-15-10, 09:56 AM
Tsuru
Bromptoneer

Bikes: Brompton S2L

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
where's the saliva emoticon?
Old 04-15-10, 11:09 AM
yuanja
Climb and more climb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SICK!! Nice build!
Old 04-15-10, 11:16 AM
FixdGearHead
BMC Lover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Waiting for a new pair of race wheels to arrive (PSIMETs), will follow up with a much better pic...this is when she first arrived last Spring

Old 04-15-10, 11:18 AM
FixdGearHead
BMC Lover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VanceMac
Picked up a leftover 2009 pro machine a few months ago. I'm quite fond of it. It's been dirty ever since this photo. My only quibble is that the internal cable routing makes upshifting a little sluggish in a couple cogs.
SRAM Red w/Yokozuna Reaction Cables = bliss
Old 04-21-10, 03:59 PM
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Gimme a couple weeks....
Old 04-21-10, 04:41 PM
ultraman6970

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
??? thought u had one already barrack
Old 04-21-10, 06:22 PM
Phiberglass

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracksSi
Gimme a couple weeks....
Get it already!
Old 04-21-10, 06:32 PM
ISSY

Bikes: BMC Pro Machine; Trek 6700

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Pro Machine. A couple of upgrades for this year.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-21-10, 06:36 PM
Gorden Gekko
White Bags + Red eggs

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ISSY
My Pro Machine. A couple of upgrades for this year.

[IMG][/IMG]
Smokin Hot
Old 04-21-10, 06:47 PM
sancle1

Bikes: CANNONDALE R200,SPEACIALIZED LANGSTER,ROCKY MOUNTAIN THIN AIR

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
best build of all the ones posted camp looks sick

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.