Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

So livid with my Insurance carrier...

Notices
Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

Old 06-12-20, 08:14 AM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1185 Post(s)
Liked 164 Times in 120 Posts

Our son is in process of moving out, we are getting him to set up his own affairs including auto insurance. Our policy happened to renew right at the opportune time for it to be what should have been a simple process. He signed up for his own a couple of days ago and the carrier told him that it would be "illegal" (their words) to have himself and vehicle covered by two policies. Never heard that, but who knows....anyway he gets his policy information a few days before renewal.

I am with Farmers and they use an agent system by which if you wish to make changes and such you do it through your agent, not the corporate entity or online (supposedly). We have carried insurance with this group for the last 8-ish years I think, and up until a couple of weeks ago had been with the same agent. One can only assume that with Rona the agency closed, she retired, not really sure. Didn't get a letter from her, but from our "new" agent introducing herself. Cool. So, call their office (had to leave a message), get a call back, tell them what I need and the first reply I am given is "oh boy"...
Goes on to explain that I need x vehicle and x driver removed from the policy, here is the policy # for their own coverage, need it to go into effect today (that was a couple days ago) and it seemed to be a done deal. I mean, you would think.
About 4PM that day I get word back that I need to specifically write a letter stating what I had told them. That is was a change that "couldn't be made" at their office and was forwarded to "an office downtown". Fast forward to yesterday. I email them and call several times and long story really short is that I had to go to the online presence and use a chat agent to (supposedly) make all these changes. At the end of the chat I am informed that I will have to sign an exclusionary document stating that the removed driver will not be using our vehicle(s).
WAIT!?!? WTH?!?

Several years back the wife and I purchased her dream car, a '13 SS Camaro. This was right before our son got his license. As we owned it, and when he got his actual driver license they suddenly pop a $2500+ 6 month policy on us to cover him on the car. We tried to explain that there would be no situation short of theft where he would drive this car, not even to save our own lives. We asked specifically about this exclusionary document and they said they didn't do those. We ended up making the decision to SELL the car to avoid the insurance cost, to be revisited after he moved out (soon).
And NOW they are saying they want me to sign one for him, to exclude him, when he is covered under his own. And go to look this morning, not even sure what they did. He is not named insured, and his car isn't on there, but he is still listed as a household driver. Some weird Rona discount thing is going on so my payment was super stupid low, but the policy documents reflect the exact same price as before we removed him. Prior to adding him our policy was sub $900 for 6 months. It's currently just shy of $1900.

I am so confused, so mad. Freaking HATE insurance shopping....have to have the house inspected again. Grumble.

Last edited by Juan Foote; 06-12-20 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-12-20, 09:43 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1323 Post(s)
Liked 1,220 Times in 790 Posts
I had to sign a paper saying I didn’t have supplemental health insurance. So if I did you will try to bleed them too after you screwed up my hand making it worse than before.
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 06-13-20, 07:19 AM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
I had to sign a paper saying I didn’t have supplemental health insurance. So if I did you will try to bleed them too after you screwed up my hand making it worse than before.
When I had my accident I had two health insurance involved and vehicular insurance involved. They kept coming at me because I refused to give them auto insurance info. It was a no fault and only me and my property damaged. I wasn't going to have them raise my rates too. The really funny aspect of the deal was that I had EXCEPTIONAL health insurance back in those "private times" days (nother subject) which was paying 100% anyway. About six weeks into my stay our insurance rep. was calling me attempting to have ME get contact information for someone at the hospital so they could pay the bill. I honestly think it took them over a year to work out actually getting paid. It was insane.
Old 06-13-20, 12:45 PM
clemsongirl 

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked 1,080 Times in 341 Posts
perhaps that thread of yours about your sons ticket for alcohol and drugs in the car is still an active part of your car insurance consequences.
Old 06-15-20, 08:55 AM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
perhaps that thread of yours about your sons ticket for alcohol and drugs in the car is still an active part of your car insurance consequences.
My GADS you are freaking genius. You think that his actions could possibly be raising insurance on ANY policy he has? Like insurance companies do with EVERYONE? Like they actually want to know driving history before you get a policy type stuff?

You amaze me that you continue to waste your and my time coming on to post witless and slighting comments to my posts. Don't you have other posts you can go enjoy yourself in? Seriously, piss off.
Old 06-15-20, 11:36 AM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Quoted: 18599 Post(s)
Liked 2,132 Times in 1,567 Posts
Old 06-15-20, 12:47 PM
clemsongirl 

Originally Posted by Juan Foote View Post
At the end of the chat I am informed that I will have to sign an exclusionary document stating that the removed driver will not be using our vehicle(s).
WAIT!?!? WTH?!?.
well, i thought your rant didn't recognize insurance companies not wanting to assume the risk of your sons behavior while driving one of your vehicles again....simple

eta...you do know that this site has an ignore function??

Last edited by clemsongirl; 06-15-20 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-15-20, 01:55 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Room Wars!!!! 666
Old 06-15-20, 02:05 PM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Room Wars!!!! 666
I doubt this story will be screened at Cannes Film Festival. I feel I should go watch the documentary now....
Likes For Juan Foote:
Old 06-15-20, 05:09 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

LETS ALL COOL OUT. IM GOING NUTS WITH THIS COVID STUFF. PLANS ALL RUINED AND I HAD MANY THIS SUMMER. CLEMSON GIRL IS STILL UPSET FROM THE LSU BEAT DOWN SHE AINT BAD WE ALL AINT PERFECT BUT AT LEAST WE HAVE A FORUM TO VENT. CLEMSON IS RATED NO 1 PRESEASON FOR 2020 IF WE HAVE A SEASON. TEXAS FOOTBALL I DONT KNOW MEDIOCRITY AGAIN MORE THAN LIKELY EVERYONE BE SAFE .... I NEED MY COLLEGE FOOTBALL FIX.
Old 06-15-20, 06:19 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1655 Post(s)
Liked 366 Times in 256 Posts
I'm kind of curious as to what they are claiming when they will put him as primary driver on his own policy yet not add him as occasional driver on a 2nd policy. How does it work when a person has their own private policy for their own vehicle yet also gets listed as a driver for their night job as a taxi driver, or FedEx or something ?. or needs to be added to a parents policy so as to occasionally drive that parent to Florida in parents car or some such ?.
Old 06-15-20, 07:04 PM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

LETS ALL COOL OUT. .. WE ALL AINT PERFECT BUT AT LEAST WE HAVE A FORUM TO VENT...
Likes For 3alarmer:
Old 06-15-20, 07:09 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Cool 3 alarmer....
Old 06-15-20, 07:20 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Cruised through Hayfork California very nice people and proved my theory that every state has rednecks I had an awesome time in N California... Love the Redwoods.. and the Central Valley where I was in the mountains at 50 degrees then it was 102. Was back in Texas ...lol
Old 06-15-20, 07:44 PM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

...it's an interesting contrast. We do did it all the time, pre-pandemic. The mostest fun in that regard is over on the other side of the Sierra, where you can drive from Badwater to Mount Whitney in a day. It's kinda a twisty route, once you hit the east slope, but an unmatched visual experience.

Death Valley's Badwater Basin is the point of the lowest elevation in North America, at 282 feet below sea level. This point is 84.6 miles east-southeast of Mount Whitney, the highest point in the contiguous United States, with an elevation of 14,505 feet.
I hope they come up with a vaccine or a cure pretty soon. I used to love going over east of the Sierra, but I sure ain't gonna do it right now.
Likes For 3alarmer:
Old 06-15-20, 07:48 PM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked 268 Times in 194 Posts
LETS ALL COOL OUT. IM GOING NUTS WITH THIS COVID STUFF..... I NEED MY COLLEGE FOOTBALL FIX.
>>>> the games will go on
Old 06-15-20, 08:48 PM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '13 Norco CityGlide 8IGH, '12 Schwinn "Speedster" Willy SS

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1002 Post(s)
Liked 965 Times in 679 Posts
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
eta...you do know that this site has an ignore function??
Only works if one is logged in. If browsing the site without logging in, it's all there to see.

On the other hand, if a member is suggesting that they should be "ignored" why can't that member ignore the urge to post?
Likes For FiftySix:
Old 06-15-20, 10:15 PM
clemsongirl 

Originally Posted by 3alarmer View Post
.The mostest fun in that regard is over on the other side of the Sierra, where you can drive from Badwater to Mount Whitney in a day. It's kinda a twisty route, once you hit the east slope, but an unmatched visual experience.
the whitney portal rd from lone pine to the whitney trail head is one of my favorite rides…and YES, with wonderful views. rode it last in april and since the trail head and campgrounds were covid closed it was even better with no cars to worry about on the steepest ascent/descent parts!!!!

Originally Posted by FiftySix View Post
Only works if one is logged in. If browsing the site without logging in, it's all there to see. On the other hand, if a member is suggesting that they should be "ignored" why can't that member ignore the urge to post?
it’s on others to ignore me if they don’t like my posts and i certainly don’t worry about it i’ll post whenever i want to either share something or especially to make a point i think needs to be made.

btw..i have no problem scrolling past a post i don’t want to read when not logged in.

Last edited by clemsongirl; 06-16-20 at 11:23 AM.
Likes For clemsongirl:
Old 06-15-20, 10:59 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Yup, had plans to ride Katy Trail then the GAP / C&O then on the way home pit stop in New Orleans then on the way home stop in Houston to see Mötley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett. Not happening but that is how it goes. I had a few friends on board to spend the summer in Oregon to smoke dope legally and chill all in education so they have summer break. The teacher is so mellow the teacher must be stoned lol. I guess I’m fighting off depression I am sad because all the hatred and division because to me it is so FRIKIN stupid. Being a South Texan we are a hybrid culture both Anglo and Hispanic and we all get along very well. Yes there are a few dinosaurs left but the are dying off. Older folks tell me about the 1960s and how volatile the time was. I was born in 1968 so I don’t remember lol. Crazy time right now.
Old 06-16-20, 08:59 AM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked 268 Times in 194 Posts
Yup, had plans to ride Katy Trail then the GAP / C&O then on the way home pit stop in New Orleans then on the way home stop in Houston to see Mötley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett. Not happening but that is how it goes. I had a few friends on board to spend the summer in Oregon to smoke dope legally and chill all in education so they have summer break. The teacher is so mellow the teacher must be stoned lol. I guess I’m fighting off depression I am sad because all the hatred and division because to me it is so FRIKIN stupid. Being a South Texan we are a hybrid culture both Anglo and Hispanic and we all get along very well. Yes there are a few dinosaurs left but the are dying off. Older folks tell me about the 1960s and how volatile the time was. I was born in 1968 so I don’t remember lol. Crazy time right now.
... ever since la Raza died away aint much happened around freer & falfurrias cept for the frackers and the saudi - russian oil war kiboshed those little money holes so enjoy the COVID nothingness because there is nothing beyond it
Old 06-16-20, 04:55 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Moto Fantom29 ProSL hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 658 Times in 497 Posts
Have you called around to shop competitor's rates?
Old 06-16-20, 07:22 PM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

...I saw Joan Jett here, when she played the California State Fair a few years back. She still tiny as hell, but still rocks out on the guitar. The state fair is another thing I won't be doing for a while.

We gots teh legal Mary D'ywanna here now. I guess it would help to dull the pain, but I want to keep what lung function I have remaining preserved, and it's too damn hot now to bake brownies.
Likes For 3alarmer:
Old 06-16-20, 07:59 PM
Mad Honk 

Bikes: Trek 770, Trek 760, Schwinn Paramount, Patelli Professional, Othon Ochsner

Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked 337 Times in 256 Posts
Hondo G,
I grew up under segregation and the divisions it created. 1968 was a bad one in Gary and we waited for the carnage to cease. My good friend George Taliafero who was the first to break the color barrier in the NFL died being a friend because we shared a common goal. Because my last name is Hohnke and most pronounce it as a racial slur he refused to call me by my last name but rather by Brother Dave. I am sure it was out of respect as he and I often talked about the problems in the race relations issue. The biggest problem is getting folks to just respect others who may not be just like themselves. In south Texas it is something we have always aspired to be like across the country. Just like George and I had a similar point of view (he was a social work educator at the university level,and had buildings name after him). And I am just another guy who thinks it is possible to get along together with a bit of understanding. I think we only need to look at it from the other side of the coin. Smiles, MH
Likes For Mad Honk:
Old 06-17-20, 06:46 AM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Originally Posted by RubeRad View Post
Have you called around to shop competitor's rates?

Got things straightened out with them so far as rates. It took a couple of days for the new policy to drop. The exclusion document I am still a bit pissed about. Anyway, saving money is good.
Likes For Juan Foote: